XF 2.1 Backing up my forum. If I cpanel backup the databases, is that enough?

Rom

If I am only concerned about my posts, userbase, etc. is backing up the databases enough? I can reinstall the software in the event of a something castrophic and then restore the databases right? Right now I am paying my provider about $10/month for backup storage and would rather just download my databases periodically. This is doable right? Thanks for any help.

You can set a cron job to backup your DB to the storage you have and then FTP them away somewhere else. I would strongly ( I even made it bold ) recommend that you try and restore the DB on a mirror site though. No point in having a backup if you cannot restore.

If I am only concerned about my posts, userbase, etc. is backing up the databases enough? I can reinstall the software in the event of a something castrophic and then restore the databases right? Right now I am paying my provider about $10/month for backup storage and would rather just download my databases periodically. This is doable right? Thanks for any help.
Unless you are using default style with no or minimal customization, you probably have stuff stored in your site's directory (public_html or whatever) that is of value. Logos, backgrounds, etc. Those will get missed if you only do the database so I would tend to backup that directory as well unless you are sure you can recover all that stuff from another source.

At the very least you need to backup the data and internal_data directories as that is where all user content such as avatars, attachments, images, etc. is stored.

As above though, the entire directory where XF is installed is probably best.

You always need to backup files and DB (as already mentioned), but yes, you can download it to your computer (or any other place you'd like to use for backup) and then restore from these two files. You don't need to pay your provider for backup if you don't want to.

cpbackup stores everything. offload it to the hosts's other servers, or s3, etc for disaster recovery (if your data center burns down, are you in trouble?)

my server is east coast, i use s3 west cost bucket to store backups.

You always need to backup files and DB (as already mentioned), but yes, you can download it to your computer (or any other place you'd like to use for backup) and then restore from these two files. You don't need to pay your provider for backup if you don't want to.
I know its an 3 years old thread but im in a similar situation . I have broke my admin cp ..however i manage that idk.

I tryd to put an addon from an friend to have a better view on User Upgrade Page on webview. Then i wanted to Update it but my php Version was not compatible and from copying folders and overwrite files via ftp to chage plugin version. I also used folders from root directory backup to try to restore has now crashed the admincp view: users > User Upgrades.

Empty page:

When i try to open an excisting Upgrade or e
Try to create a new one then an empty Page will come.

Now when users want to Upgrade an account they see the basic style and the 3 Single memberships but without all the conditions about what they pay for.

This error is shown in logs when trying access or create User Upgrade..

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Template admin:user_upgrade_edit is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:682

Code:
[internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/demagron1/...', 682)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(682): trigger_error('Template admin:...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1611): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('admin', 'user_upgrade_ed...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('user_upgrade_ed...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:UserUpgrade\\...', 'admin:user_upgr...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#11 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#12 {main}

Can anyone help me with this in that old thread?? 🙏🙏

You need to restore all master templates and master language phrases to original. To do this you need to add "install" to your forum URL:

https://www.domain.com/install

After entering your username and password, you will see the Rebuild master data button:

pic001.jpg

Click the Rebuild master data button.

WARNING: Do not click the "click here" link.

Top Bottom