1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Background gradient image wanted

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by Brogan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've changed the forum icons to css styled boxes.
    Currently I'm using the navigation tab gradient image like so:
    HTML:
    .node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background: @secondaryMedium url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x bottom !important;
    border: 1px solid @secondaryMedium;
    } 
    However, that image is 50px high and my boxes are only 34px so that results in a less than perfect appearance, as shown here: forum_icon.PNG

Unfortunately PSP X2 doesn't support 8 bit transparent images so I can't just resize the nav tab image :(
    So if someone could create a transparent gradient to fit a 34x34 px square that would be great :)

While you're at it, I could also do with another gradient to fit an image 41x14px.

2. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

If you give me your top and bottom color codes, I can just whip up a rounded box really quickly for you.

3. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Hey Brogan, do a Google search for ' dynamic drive gradient image maker'.

Works great and you can make them any size.

4. Brogan

The gradient image I'm using doesn't have colours, just varying levels of transparency.
    I need it that way so I can use the same image for every background colour.

Yes, I've used that before but as above I just need a transparent image, not using any colours.

It's probably possible in PSP X2 but I haven't found out how to do it if it is.

5. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I was going to look for that setting and then I realized, Elizabeth will know exactly what you need to do. She knows all the PSP versions backwards and forwards.

6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

what colour is your background: @secondaryMedium hex value if you could paul

7. Brogan

8. Shelley

I know. I wanted the hex value so I can save the transparent gradient at a decent opacity whilst comparing it to the background colour it's being applied upon. :)

Give me a second and I'll post something in a moment.

9. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Brogan - no, you can do transparent gradients in PSPx2, I'm just not sure where you change the setting. But you can change the transparency in the bucket/fill to whatever you want.

I *think* you change how it saves transparency in PNG files in preferences/PNG.

pngsave.gif

10. Shelley

Hopefully I understood correctly in what you wanted. Gradient posted in the attachment.

Attached Files:

Brogan likes this.
  11. Brogan

Ah right, sorry about that, this whole transparent gradient thing is new to me :confused:
    Did I mention I was rubbish at graphics? :D

It's actually being applied on 4 different colours:
    E0E0E0
    A0A0A0
    66AA66

The smaller gradient is just being applied to 66AA66

12. Brogan

Many thanks Shelley :)

Much appreciated.

Shelley likes this.
  13. Shelley

Your very welcome. :)

Let me know if that's what you wanted and it's working the way you wanted it to.