1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Background Behind Avatar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by taylor_smith, Feb 17, 2014.

1. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Did search, but couldn't come up with the answer. Possibly using the wrong terminology.

Which style property controls the background color behind an avatar? I tried:

General > Avatar
    Member List Item > Avatar

Changed the background color in both of these, but the color below didn't change.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Style Properties > Message Layout > Avatar Holder
  3. taylor_smith

Have #000000 set there:

But this is what it looks like:

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You either have custom CSS overwriting the style property or the orange background is part of the avatar itself.
  5. taylor_smith

There's nothing in EXTRA.css, so maybe the theme is overwriting. What would I add it to EXTRA.css to change?
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Looking at your previous screenshot again, it looks like you are using one of @Audentio's UIX styles, so you should post in the style's thread for better support.
  7. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Right, this has to do with the fact that we wanted the background of avatars to be styled based on the color palette. So blue designs could have blue avatars without requiring an image edit. The downside is avatars that are transparent.

To disable this, go to Style Properties > General > Avatar > Blank out the background color property.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    taylor_smith and Amaury like this.
  8. taylor_smith

9. taylor_smith

So, I blanked out everything (see attached image). But the color still shows.

Attached Files:

10. taylor_smith

I still can't seem to change this color. I also attempted to change the login bar color, but it won't update.
  11. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Try adding a background-color: transparent !important;. I am sure that will get rid of it. In General > Avatar
    worrorfight and Neutral Singh like this.
  12. greenpuck

greenpuck New Member

Thanks confirming that worked.