Back to Xenforo Side

Neo-kun

First of all, I will apologize if my sentences are strange because my English skills are not good.

I just want to share my bitter experience that made me realize that Xenforo is a good forum script so far in all aspects.

This month I plan to create a forum site,
I'm considering using my xenforo license or trying another forum script.

After I tried another forum's demo script, I was very interested because it was a new experience and the design was according to my taste.

• then I bought the script for $ 200 (core and forum).
  • I waited almost 24 hours, but my purchase was not processed,
  • I contacted the support service and he said to wait for 48 hours.
  • After I waited for 50 hours, I checked my purchase still not processed at all.
  • I again contacted the support service and was replied with the same answer to wait for 48 hours and the ticket will be forwarded to the management.
  • 6 hours I waited but no reply. I again contacted their support service and the answer I got was very strange.
  • They think if I report a forum bug,
  • even though I asked to process my purchase.
  • I tried to explain again and until now there is no answer at all.

In the end I gave up after 72 hours of waiting,
I asked for a refund, but no response at all.

I took the initiative to try again the purchase form of the forum script, and it turned out that the payment via paypal disappeared.

I tried to open this problem via paypal, but it didn't work, maybe because the payment status is Authorization. Even though my money has been reduced.

I don't want to mention the name of the forum company, because that would be more of a problem.

Maybe the members here will know based on the characteristics I mentioned:
  • Price for core and forum is around $200
  • The product was launched in 2002
  • They have cloud service

Now I can only hope that my money will be returned by that company and buy support services on Xenforo.

Xenforo is much more worth the $160 price and good support than other forum scripts for $200 but the support is very bad.

I wouldn't place the blame on the software provider, it's entirely PayPal's fault.

We too get customers who purchase licenses and PayPal hold the payment for review.

Although the payment may show as completed in your PayPal account, it is misleading as PayPal have not yet sent the funds to the recipient.

A seriously irritating and annoying problem.

They should have their license revoked,

I wouldn't place the blame on the software provider, it's entirely PayPal's fault.

We too get customers who purchase licenses and PayPal hold the payment for review.

Although the payment may show as completed in your PayPal account, it is misleading as PayPal have not yet sent the funds to the recipient.

A seriously irritating and annoying problem.

They should have their license revoked,

until now the status on paypal that appears is this sir,
Screenshot_2.png

I tried to open this problem through the Resolution Center but couldn't, because from paypal this message appears "We're sorry, you can't file a case on this type of transaction."

this is really giving me a headache,
I got confused because the seller did not immediately complete my purchase or from paypal which did hold the money even though it had been approved by the buyer.

I am confused,

I thank you for your answer :), at least this may be knowledge for me, because the seller does not explain anything.

First of all, I will apologize if my sentences are strange because my English skills are not good.

I just want to share my bitter experience that made me realize that Xenforo is a good forum script so far in all aspects.

This month I plan to create a forum site,
I'm considering using my xenforo license or trying another forum script.

After I tried another forum's demo script, I was very interested because it was a new experience and the design was according to my taste.

• then I bought the script for $ 200 (core and forum).
  • I waited almost 24 hours, but my purchase was not processed,
  • I contacted the support service and he said to wait for 48 hours.
  • After I waited for 50 hours, I checked my purchase still not processed at all.
  • I again contacted the support service and was replied with the same answer to wait for 48 hours and the ticket will be forwarded to the management.
  • 6 hours I waited but no reply. I again contacted their support service and the answer I got was very strange.
  • They think if I report a forum bug,
  • even though I asked to process my purchase.
  • I tried to explain again and until now there is no answer at all.

In the end I gave up after 72 hours of waiting,
I asked for a refund, but no response at all.

I took the initiative to try again the purchase form of the forum script, and it turned out that the payment via paypal disappeared.

I tried to open this problem via paypal, but it didn't work, maybe because the payment status is Authorization. Even though my money has been reduced.

I don't want to mention the name of the forum company, because that would be more of a problem.

Maybe the members here will know based on the characteristics I mentioned:
  • Price for core and forum is around $200
  • The product was launched in 2002
  • They have cloud service

Now I can only hope that my money will be returned by that company and buy support services on Xenforo.

Xenforo is much more worth the $160 price and good support than other forum scripts for $200 but the support is very bad.
If you used a credit card to purchase the software through PayPal, you may want to file a dispute with your credit card company. If that is the case, your credit card issuer may be able to reverse the transaction.

If you used a credit card to purchase the software through PayPal, you may want to file a dispute with your credit card company. If that is the case, your credit card issuer may be able to reverse the transaction.
Hello sir, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately i paid with paypal balance.
I've also read about Authorization status,
and it refers more to a seller who has not processed a purchase from me.
reference: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...aken-from-my/m-p/1136808/highlight/true#M4326

at least this is a valuable experience for me. :)

Hello sir, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately i paid with paypal balance.
I've also read about Authorization status,
and it refers more to a seller who has not processed a purchase from me.
reference: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...aken-from-my/m-p/1136808/highlight/true#M4326

at least this is a valuable experience for me. :)
No problem. If you had used a major credit card, the card brand agreement with the merchant is the goods or service must be delivered within a reasonable time. If not, the transaction is subject to being charged back. If PayPal didn't deliver or reversed your charges, got could dispute the transaction and your card issuer chargeback the transaction with PayPal.

You attempted to buy vBulletin didn't you? Leaving customers high and dry sounds very much like their level of "customer service". XF is so much better than this. Even if PayPal had withheld payment like Brogan says, the response you'd have received from XF support would have been much more helpful. Forum software and support done right. :cool:

If I were you, I'd cancel that transaction with PayPal and forget about vBulletin. Just stay here where life is good.

And finally, it was customer support horror stories like this that put vB out of the running for me when I was evaluating the paid Big Three forum packages.

Last edited:
No problem. If you had used a major credit card, the card brand agreement with the merchant is the goods or service must be delivered within a reasonable time. If not, the transaction is subject to being charged back. If PayPal didn't deliver or reversed your charges, got could dispute the transaction and your card issuer chargeback the transaction with PayPal.
thank you for your advice sir :)

You attempted to buy vBulletin didn't you?
unfortunately I haven't considered vbulletin since version 5 they released, I don't really like the design. :LOL:

If I were you, I'd cancel that transaction with PayPal
unfortunately my transaction could not be canceled from my side. moreover, I can't dispute the transaction. 😣

the end of the journey to find the truth regarding the problems that I experienced.

Yesterday I contacted the paypal team regarding the problem I was experiencing,
CS paypal says if my transaction can only be canceled by the seller. Authorization status aims to ensure if the seller has product in stock or can complete the purchase.
Screenshot_1.png

reference about Authorization status: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/admin/auth-capture/
in my case, I bought a digital product that should have unlimited product stock, so it's very likely that the seller didn't process or ignored my purchase.

but this morning everything is done (y), i have got my money back after i begged the seller several times.

now i can use my money to buy support update service from Xenforo. 🤩

fun fact:
After a few days ago the payment option via paypal was removed by seller,
today after my money was refunded the paypal payment option also appeared. :LOL:

for Mr @Brogan , if you are willing, I hope you can lock this thread because the problem is solved.
Thank you.

Was going to say IPS can be rather slow at times, but odds are you would have no issues getting your money back, especially seeing how they never delivered the product in a timely manner.

Was going to say IPS can be rather slow at times, but odds are you would have no issues getting your money back, especially seeing how they never delivered the product in a timely manner.
Thanks for your answer sir.

Yes, I've got my money back. I just wish they could change their purchase checking method to make it easier and more convenient for buyers. The transaction process is much easier and faster when buying Xenforo 🚀

by the way, I've visited your forum, the theme is very interesting, it fits perfectly with the domain name 🤩
After all my freelance work is done, I will immediately create my own forum.

Top Bottom