1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Awaiting Email Confirmation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Viral Hide, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

Hi guys,
    I saw that some people have issues with their members not getting the email confirmation for their registration on the boards. I know that it has to do with spam filters etc. but I wanted to ask something else.
    Is it possible this issue to occur after a host migration? Few days ago we changed the host of our server. Since then I think all users that register don't get the email confirmation. Is this a possible cause for the issue and how can we fix it?

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Yes, this is quite possible. If the IP address of the server you are on in the past was use by a spammer, the IP will be in quite a few ban lists. Check the IP through something like www.ipchecking.com and if it shows bans contact your host.

3. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It doesn't appear to have any problems with the IP:

RBL Status: Clear
    Thread: No threats detected

4. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

First I thought that only few members don't get the confirmation mail. But now I made another account to see if I also won't receive it. Well, I didn't. For now I'm approving all requests manually. But can someone suggest what else I could do to resolve this? I didn't have this problem before the migration.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the server mail logs to see if the emails are actually being sent.

If you don't know how to do that, your host should be able to help.