XF 1.3 Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi guys,
I saw that some people have issues with their members not getting the email confirmation for their registration on the boards. I know that it has to do with spam filters etc. but I wanted to ask something else.
Is it possible this issue to occur after a host migration? Few days ago we changed the host of our server. Since then I think all users that register don't get the email confirmation. Is this a possible cause for the issue and how can we fix it?

Regards.

Last edited:
Yes, this is quite possible. If the IP address of the server you are on in the past was use by a spammer, the IP will be in quite a few ban lists. Check the IP through something like www.ipchecking.com and if it shows bans contact your host.

First I thought that only few members don't get the confirmation mail. But now I made another account to see if I also won't receive it. Well, I didn't. For now I'm approving all requests manually. But can someone suggest what else I could do to resolve this? I didn't have this problem before the migration.

Check the server mail logs to see if the emails are actually being sent.

If you don't know how to do that, your host should be able to help.

Top Bottom