• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Avro Phonetic Issue

Barbossa

Hi guys, I am trying to enable Avro Phonetic in all textboxes & textareas with default mode set to English. I tried to put this code into my PAGE_CONTAINER. But it's not working. Needless to say I did change the .js path accordingly.

Code:
<script src="path/to/avro-x.x.x.min.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    $(function(){
        $('textarea, input[type=text]').avro({'bangla':false});
    });
</script>
Any idea guys? :)

katsulynx

remember put it on <head> </head>
There is no need to put a Javascript inside the head-tag. It even is adviced by now to put it at the end of the document as this will speed up loading time of the page.
Beside that, the default Xenforo-Editor is not an input nor a textarea, so if you want it to work there, you'll need to add the right class for that.

Barbossa

There is no need to put a Javascript inside the head-tag. It even is adviced by now to put it at the end of the document as this will speed up loading time of the page.
Beside that, the default Xenforo-Editor is not an input nor a textarea, so if you want it to work there, you'll need to add the right class for that.
What that class would be?

katsulynx

I'm actually not sure if it works at all like that, as of the structure and nature of the redactor-editor. You'll either have to ask the technical admin for that or either the redactor or avro-team.