Avoid Displaying Ads On XF Error Page, Content Template Is Empty

TheBigK

I'm using following conditional to control advertisements -

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'member_view' && {$contentTemplate} != 'register_form'">

I however want to avoid displaying advertisement when XF shows an error page. One of our members avoids displaying profile to guests and when a guest lands on this member's profile page, advertisement and message - This member limits who may view their full profile. appears.

I thought of adding a rule to avoid displaying ad on the error pages of XF. So I checked for the

<div id="content" class="">

The class is empty. What do I enter to avoid display ads on any of XF error pages?

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> error

Add this code to the top:

Code:
<xen:container var="$errorFlag">1</xen:container>

Now you can check {$errorFlag} in the container scope:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$errorFlag}">

</xen:if>

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> error

Add this code to the top:

Code:
<xen:container var="$errorFlag">1</xen:container>

Now you can check {$errorFlag} in the container scope:

Code:

I used this -

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'member_view' && {$contentTemplate} != 'register_form' && !{$errorFlag}">

and it seems to be working fine :) . Thanks!

My following code works fine but I am probably doing it all wrong. How do I simplify the current code i use for the Ad_Above_Content template :)

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'search_form_post'">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'search_results'">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'dark_taigachat_full'">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'register_form'">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'login'">
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'error_with_login'">
<div style="text-align: center;">

GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE

</div>

One tip to all: make sure you NEVER display ads on the search results pages as Google TOS doesnt allow it. @XenForo: can this be "fixed" in the next 1.2 version?

@Bram instead of using so many if statements on the contenttemplate variable, why not use one conditional checking in_array and put the relevant templates into the parameters.

An example of what James suggested (from my own site):

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('register_form', 'forum_list', 'cta_overtaking_index'))">

One tip to all: make sure you NEVER display ads on the search results pages as Google TOS doesnt allow it.
This is a reply to 2 year old post but... that above is incorrect - you can put Adsense on your own search page (ie. when you are not using Google's search results). See here -> AdSense for search policies - AdSense Help

Can I display ads on non-Google search results pages?
If you have non-Google search results pages on your site, you're welcome to place Google ads on them.

Top Bottom