XF 1.4 Avatars and images missing after server move

Radiola

Our problem is similar to the problem at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatars-missing-after-moving-host.72060/ except that both avatars and images are now missing after a server move.

Following Brogan's advice in that thread:
Recursively chmod the /data and /internal_data directories to 0777.

I have reset both to 0777 but still no avatars or images. (Example: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/japan-fake-passports.38006/ should show numerous false passports. All were visible with our previous server)

Question: I have other folders/directories on the server that show permissions as 0755. Do I need to reset all folders/directories to 0777? Also, public_html permission is 0750. Does that need to be changed too?

Question 2: Would it just be easier to upgrade to 1.5? Would that clean up this problem?

@Paul, this is in the ticket XF-F274681F

So just to make things interesting a couple of members do have their avatars showing now.....

If they edit from their profile and reload the avatar it works.

Only those two directories should be set to 777.

Did you change the permissions recursively? Recursive meaning all of the folders and files inside of those directories should be set to 777 too.

Otherwise, make sure the contents of those two directories were correctly transferred between servers. Upgrading to 1.5 is unlikely to fix anything in this regard.

Jeremy P, I'm pretty sure I did but let me double check.

Oops. Missed one.

In internal_data there's install-lock.php but permission is 0644. Change that one too?

I think that one should be fine how it is. It won't affect the state of avatars anyways.

Your URL isn't resolving for me so I can't say anything more definitive about the problem. I'm sure, if nothing else, that ticket support will help you figure it out.

In internal_data there's install-lock.php but permission is 0644. Change that one too?
Check your .htaccess. If nothing else, try disabling the FURL in the XenForo ACP and then rename .htaccess to .htaccess.old (or whatever you want to use). Then see if they load. If so, you have something in your .htaccess that is not playing well (I'm assuming you are using Apache).
If you need, hit me up in convo and I can take a look for you and see if we can figure it out.
Your images in /data, /styles and a few other places are givne a 404 error.

The domain is not resolving for me either so I can't really do any checking.

If you are sure the files have been moved over and aren't corrupt then the first thing to check is permissions (chmod), if that doesn't fix it then it could be an ownership issue (chown).

Thanks Tracy Perry and Brogan. I will check on those things later today if/when I get some time.

Brogan, I have no idea why the domain does not resolve. It's almost 48 hours since the DNS nameserver move....

Okay, that sever was really, really flaky, short version. I have migrated things back to LeaseWeb. If I can get things turned back on today things may be different.

Top Bottom