Blast

I'm using UI.X.

How can I set the default avatars for everyone who doesn't have one?

Also, how do I find out the exact pixel size of UI.X's L Avatar?

To replace avatars, you'd normally just replace the images as specified in your image path directory. You'll see the size of the image based on what's there.

For any style specific questions, you need to ask in the thread or contact the author.

ACP -> Style Properties -> General
Then in the Path To Images
This controls for all images. The UI.X has the ability in the style itself to control what size avatars are used in certain areas I believe.
For that style in the postbit, you can control it by going into the
ACP -> Style Properties -> [UI.X] Threads & Posts

Yes, you need to create a child style of the original one (I think UI.X with the add-on does this for you now, but I still create a child style of it) and then create a new directory in /styles and copy all the images in /styles/uix over into it.
Like for my recumbent site, I have styles/uix_tbb and all the images from styles/uix copied into it and then I changed the path to images to styles/uix_tbb in that specific child style ACP appearance settings.

As for the default avatars (I honestly missed that part) you look in your styles/your_custom_path/xenforo/avatars
then you will see avatar_female_?.png and avatar_male_?.png (where ? will be either s, m, l) and avatar_?.png (this is the unknown sex one). Those are the default ones.
They are set per style (that it picks up from the path to images setting from above).

As for the default avatars (I honestly missed that part) you look in your styles/your_custom_path/xenforo/avatars
then you will see avatar_female_?.png and avatar_male_?.png (where ? will be either s, m, l) and those are the default ones.
They are set per style (that it picks up from the path to images setting from above).
Thank you so much. So it's all about finding out the L pixel size. I messaged @Mike Creuzer about it.

I think by default the large is 196 x 196 in size (medium is 96 x 96 and small is 48 x 48)... and I think I got the path wrong (trying to keep a 8 week old puppy from chewing my toes)
the path to the avatars (default) should be in styles/custom_path/xenforo/avatars.
If you are wanting them larger, you can upload larger ones than that (it will scale them down I believe) but to get them to display larger, I'm pretty sure you will need to edit some CSS in the style and possibly a template. That may have been discussed in specific style discussion thread already that I pointed to earlier (which post was removed).

Top Bottom