• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Avatar problem

Hello guys!
So recently I am helping a friend with a website.
And for some reason the default avatars are not working. I have asked a couple of friends to make an account on the site, and it still does this.

Another Example:

And if I right click and open the image in a new tab this is what it says:

I think it might have something to do with the theme, because when I go on the default theme it is back to normal. I really want to use this theme, and fix this issue!

If someone can please help, that would mean so much! Thanks guys!
Last edited:
This is one of the avatar images in the default style: http://eliteraid.com/styles/default/xenforo/avatars/avatar_l.png

It doesn't exist in your custom style: http://eliteraid.com/styles/flatawesome/xenforo/avatars/avatar_l.png

You will need to copy the avatars directory from the default style to your custom style.

The same applies to any other images you may be missing.
I have copied them over. And it seems to still not work.
After I copy them over into the FileZilla avatar directory, is there another step I should be doing?

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The avatars still don't exist in the style directory.

The requested URL /styles/flatawesome/xenforo/avatars/avatar_l.png was not found on this server.

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In the simplest terms, all you need to do is log in to your FTP client and copy the styles/default/xenforo/avatars/ directory to /styles/flatawesome/xenforo.
Ok. Well I got WinSCP.

And I tried it again.

I went into the directory and copied the default avatars in there. But nothing has happened on the website.
Can you screenshot the avatars directory for the style from your FTP application?

Like all the other avatar images work.
When I go to the server list, I see the images.

But when I look at someones profile picture or someone on the side bar it looks like this:

Last edited: