XF 1.5 Avatar previews for threads are not displaying and all add-ons are not displaying.

(I understand this forum is not for add-on issues but this is a general issue not related to any specific add-on which makes me believe it is relevant here alongside other issues I am experiencing.)

I recently had to restore a backup of our team's website. After that, all add-ons ceased to function (which is why we have no portal on the top level domain currently), even after I deleted and reinstalled some of them to verify the integrity of the data. Add-ons and all their options otherwise appear to be installed correctly in the Admin Control Panel and the database. It was also the case before the restored backup that on the forums page, you could see the avatar of the most recent user to post in a thread instead of the default question mark avatar.

The site otherwise appears to be functional: the base features of Xenforo are intact and the installed themes are intact. If you have any suggestions or need more information from me, please say so. I have minimal technical skills for these matters so I hope it is the case that I am missing something obvious.

Edit: I did also rebuild all caches if it matters.

Last edited:
When you restored the backup, did you confirm it had the correct ownership for the directories/files and that the permissions were correct?

When you restored the backup, did you confirm it had the correct ownership for the directories/files and that the permissions were correct?
It was a partial restore through an automatic backup service on the part of my host provider. So no. The permissions I have on a reinstalled add-on (that does not work) are:

Owner Permissions
Read/Write

Group Permissions
Read

Public Permissions
Read

Numeric value 644

What do you mean by 'partial restore'.

Sounds to me like something has gone wrong with the dump/restore process and you may need to start over.

Top Bottom