Resource icon

Avatar Maker (Avatar Alive) [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy ($15.00)

truonglv

Nobita.Kun submitted a new resource:

Avatar Maker (Avatar Alive) - Auto make avatar for users did not have an custom avatar.

Description: Auto make avatar for users did not have an custom avatar.

How add-on work?

The addon automatic create an avatar to users who did not have an custom avatar. The avatar will be use 2 letters from username. If username has space between characters. It's will get the first character of each word.

Example:
  • My name is Nobita Kun. So my avatar will be NK
  • Another people name are Shizuka. So the text will be SH
How to...

Read more about this resource...

Looks great.

How are the avatars created? During installation or using a cron? What happens if there are many users? Could there be load-problems?

Looks great.

How are the avatars created? During installation or using a cron? What happens if there are many users? Could there be load-problems?

It is cached for users. It created for first time then retrive it.

Ok, it will be created when installing? What happens if there are several hundred thousand users without an avatar?
When the cache has been deleted how can the rebuilt be triggered?

Ok, it will be created when installing? What happens if there are several hundred thousand users without an avatar?
it is cached to files so clean it. it is used for 2 letters so if you have one hundred or thousand users but only have fews 2 letters it is not problem.

Also it is depend how many avatars display one page.

Also it is depend how many avatars display one page.

no, I meant several hundredthousands (1,0 * 10^5)

The are just 26^2 possibilities for avatars, but to every user the field or attribute has to be added..so please let me know, if anybody successfully installed it with some 10k users.

Looks great @Nobita.Kun

Can you clarify:

Does the go back and change the avatars for anyone who hasn't set an avatar?

Does this set an avatar immediately when a new user registers?

Why not good?
I would like to protect my user's profile pictures.

It's will need create avatars for all users, so the files to cache too many. Also this addon have made with aim make avatars for users did not have an custom avatars.

nobita - this is going to sound like a crazy request, but my users are complaining -- is there any way to have an option to make the icon font smaller and less bold?

thanks!

nobita - this is going to sound like a crazy request, but my users are complaining -- is there any way to have an option to make the icon font smaller and less bold?

thanks!
Ok. I will add an option to control the font size. By the default, it is automatic set the font size with avatar width.

Top Bottom