1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Avatar in Avatar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Yodrak, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

After i change from vBulletin to xenforo i see that i have in some Threads where i posted a Avatar in Avatar and in Threads where i posted after change to Xenforo not.

Am i right that the Avatar in Avatar shows up if i has posted in this Forum?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-07 um 20.56.32.jpg

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's correct. Your own avatar will appear over the thread starter's avatars on threads which you have posted in.

3. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

Thank you @Chris D for your fast Answer.
    Where i can control that its showed up again?

Because now if i answer in a Thread i can not see the Avatar in Avatar Symbol.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is not something which you can switch off. It may be something that can be disabled using a third party style. If you use a third party style then you could check with the author of that.

For old threads before the import you should run the rebuilds available in Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches.

5. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

@Chris D i tried out with Standard Xenforo Template and there i have the same issue.
    As you can see in the Picture i just answer in this Thread but it´s not shown my Miniavatar.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-08 um 21.35.11.jpg

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Disable all add-ons and see if the issue persists. Perhaps there's an add-on at play.

7. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

Ok ill try that.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You need to rebuild thread caches with the "Rebuild position and post counters" option enabled. It isn't enabled by default as it makes the process significantly more intensive.

Amaury likes this.
  9. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

Thank you @Mike , that was the right answer. (y)
    The Avatar in Avatar is working now. :LOL: