• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Avatar in Avatar

After i change from vBulletin to xenforo i see that i have in some Threads where i posted a Avatar in Avatar and in Threads where i posted after change to Xenforo not.

Am i right that the Avatar in Avatar shows up if i has posted in this Forum?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-07 um 20.56.32.jpg

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
That's correct. Your own avatar will appear over the thread starter's avatars on threads which you have posted in.

Thank you @Chris D for your fast Answer.
Where i can control that its showed up again?

Because now if i answer in a Thread i can not see the Avatar in Avatar Symbol.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It is not something which you can switch off. It may be something that can be disabled using a third party style. If you use a third party style then you could check with the author of that.

For old threads before the import you should run the rebuilds available in Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches.

@Chris D i tried out with Standard Xenforo Template and there i have the same issue.
As you can see in the Picture i just answer in this Thread but it´s not shown my Miniavatar.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-08 um 21.35.11.jpg

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You need to rebuild thread caches with the "Rebuild position and post counters" option enabled. It isn't enabled by default as it makes the process significantly more intensive.