Avatar Identicon by Iversia 1.2.2

No permission to download
I'm having challenges with the same avatar being shown in mods, Similar Threads and bd-widgets, then the proper/correct avatar being shown in the thread view.

@Iversia
Does this addon display different avatars for same user based on size/position on the forum. That would look pretty silly I would imagine.

Are people using it like this?

Hello.
Today the server got this error:
PHP:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: unique_key - library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php:48
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(48): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/foro/publ...', 48, Array)
#1 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(40): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getGravatarUrl(Array, 's', 'retro')
#2 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(33): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getDefaultAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#3 [internal function]: Iversia_Identicon_Listener::getAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#4 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(853): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(248): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('avatar', Array)
#6 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(128): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->_getNoticesContainerParams(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(633): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#9 /home/foro/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "https://mysite/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Has been a punctual error, in fact I have not idea why has been generated.
Any idea? :coffee:
Thanks!

Last edited:
Any way I can change the avatars it shows, from the selections you have to a single avatar or avatars showing the logo to our site or something else?

Any way I can change the avatars it shows, from the selections you have to a single avatar or avatars showing the logo to our site or something else?
Disable this add-on, and replace XF's default no-avatar image with your own.

Ah, thanks. But can I exchange the avatar set with one of my own (for example, pictures of machines), and if so how?

Ah, thanks. But can I exchange the avatar set with one of my own (for example, pictures of machines), and if so how?
This really is not the thread to be asking questions like this. https://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/ is a better place. :) Feel free to start up a topic there to get more advice.

But since I'm here, you simply need to edit the default avatars in your styles.

The location of the avatars you want to replace/modify is: "styles/default/xenforo/avatars/*" where "default" is the name of style you're editing.

This really is not the thread to be asking questions like this. https://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/ is a better place. :) Feel free to start up a topic there to get more advice.

But since I'm here, you simply need to edit the default avatars in your styles.

The location of the avatars you want to replace/modify is: "styles/default/xenforo/avatars/*" where "default" is the name of style you're editing.

You misunderstood my question.

I want to replace the sets of avatars in YOUR addon with a set I create.

That only gives you one avatar not a set like your addon. I just want to replace one of the sets of avatars in your addon with another set.

That only gives you one avatar not a set like your addon. I just want to replace one of the sets of avatars in your addon with another set.
Wouldn't you basically have to build your own Robohash-like site for this first, and then ask Iversia to support it, or the ability to manually add sites like it?

Alternatively, You could see if you could get someone to make you an add-on that has the basic functionality "if user has no avatar, grab a random one from this folder." I tried to find an existing add-on that does this for you, but I wasn't successful. But that is a whole different functionality (i.e. this add-on is for generating identicons).

Hello.
Today the server got this error:
PHP:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: unique_key - library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php:48
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(48): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/foro/publ...', 48, Array)
#1 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(40): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getGravatarUrl(Array, 's', 'retro')
#2 /home/foro/public_html/library/Iversia/Identicon/Listener.php(33): Iversia_Identicon_Listener::_getDefaultAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#3 [internal function]: Iversia_Identicon_Listener::getAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#4 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(853): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(248): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('avatar', Array)
#6 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(128): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->_getNoticesContainerParams(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(633): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#9 /home/foro/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "https://mysite/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Has been a punctual error, in fact I have not idea why has been generated.
Any idea? :coffee:
Thanks!
Hi @Iversia
I had the same problem during all day today:
2015-11-02_2202.png

Problem solved after deactivating the addon.
Any way to reactivate the addon without this error?
Thanks!

Hi @Iversia
I had the same problem during all day today:
Problem solved after deactivating the addon.
Any way to reactivate the addon without this error?
Thanks!

What XenForo version are your running? And are you running any potential other avatar modifying add-ons? I have not been able to replicate this.

What XenForo version are your running? And are you running any potential other avatar modifying add-ons? I have not been able to replicate this.
Thanks for your fast reply.
No other addon affecting avatars.
I'm on 1.5.1, soon upgrading to 1.5.2.
Was working smoothly up to yesterday and I made no changes these days.

Hi!
Problem found, it was related to a previous style change.
I changed the style last week but the problem didn't show until yesterday.
Just changed custom new-style path to default:
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Path to Images

PD: I just found it happened after sending a newsletter, not just after changing the style. Hope it helps anyone with a similar problem.

Last edited:
@Breixo Thank goodness! :) Glad you were able to resolve it, as I was unable to replicate it with the latest version of the add-on and XenForo. Makes total sense that it could be related to the style change.

Top Bottom