Avatar Flags by Waindigo [Deleted]

My hosting company enabled the GeoIP feature for me this a.m. but l cannot get the addon to work. I see the IP link beneath everyon'es post so I assume the GeoIP feature has been correctly activated.
Check that the data file which your hosting company are using is available and being updated regularly.

I'm in cpanel making a backup right now, but I cannot see anywhere that says anythng about SSH - where would I find this?
SSH is basically a terminal client protocol that allows you to access a VPS or dedicated server and have a DOS type command line access. From a windows machine you would use something like puTTY and from a Mac or Linux box just type in ssh <your domain name) from the terminal command prompt.

Ahh. I cut my teeth on DOS but that was over 30 years ago and I have forgotten 90% of what I ever knew. I have no business messing with it on my server. Is there some other way I can check this?

Ahh. I cut my teeth on DOS but that was over 30 years ago and I have forgotten 90% of what I ever knew. I have no business messing with it on my server. Is there some other way I can check this?
Not that I know of. Just have your hosting provider make sure that the databases for GeoIP are installed (they can get them from MaxMind for the latest). I update mine every month via a CRON job on my servers.

i have Installed and not working on any styles .also i can see geoip is installed on my system but cant see flags in avatars

i have Installed and not working on any styles .also i can see geoip is installed on my system but cant see flags in avatars
When you are looking at the messages, can you see the IP button below it (where the edit, etc. is)? Has the PHP GeoIP PECL been installed also (and if so, either apache or php5-fpm - if using nginx) restarted?

Maybe Jon could write a little test function which tries to get GeoIP information and displays 'Pass' or 'Fail' in the admin page.

Just because you loaded the PHP PECL related stuff doesn't necessarily mean it's "installed". You DID get the necessary DB files for placement in /usr/share/GeoIP correct (usually MaxMind's free DB works great).

Code:
tracy@pegasus:~$ ls /usr/share/GeoIP
GeoIPCity.dat  GeoIP.dat  GeoIPv6.dat

Top Bottom