As designed  Automatically Re-watching Thread

James

I have my preferences set to automatically watch threads I reply to. If I unwatch a thread then reply to that thread, it automatically re-watches it despite me unwatching it.

I think it should require manual re-watching and not automatic re-watching when you reply to it.

I have my preferences set to automatically watch threads I reply to. If I unwatch a thread then reply to that thread, it automatically re-watches it despite me unwatching it.

I think it should require manual re-watching and not automatic re-watching when you reply to it.

If you think about it, it's meant to be that way. IMO this would be more of a feature request/suggestion than a bug.

I guess it could be a nice and smart way for Xenforo to keep track of manually unwatched threads when automatically watch threads are on, specially for us admin.

I've come across threads that I don't want to watch but I do reply to. I usually click More Options... right before my reply to uncheck watching it.

I wish that checkbox was on the front-end sometimes.

I wish that checkbox was on the front-end sometimes.
I've played around with that, but it really clutters-up the intentionally-simple UI for quick reply, and it's a bit of an edge case so I haven't really pursued it very far.

Top Bottom