1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Automatically Re-watching Thread

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by James, Jun 23, 2011.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

I have my preferences set to automatically watch threads I reply to. If I unwatch a thread then reply to that thread, it automatically re-watches it despite me unwatching it.

I think it should require manual re-watching and not automatic re-watching when you reply to it.

CyberAP likes this.
  2. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

If you think about it, it's meant to be that way. IMO this would be more of a feature request/suggestion than a bug.

I guess it could be a nice and smart way for Xenforo to keep track of manually unwatched threads when automatically watch threads are on, specially for us admin.

3. James

James Well-Known Member

I understand it's logical, yeah. If I make an effort to manually unwatch a thread, I think it should remain unwatched.

CyberAP, gldtn, Lu Kas and 1 other person like this.
  4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I've come across threads that I don't want to watch but I do reply to. I usually click More Options... right before my reply to uncheck watching it.

I wish that checkbox was on the front-end sometimes.

5. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

so should we have 2 button ?
    unwatched -> like now ..
    and
    Uninterested -> that will remove the automatic watching

:rolleyes:

6. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've played around with that, but it really clutters-up the intentionally-simple UI for quick reply, and it's a bit of an edge case so I haven't really pursued it very far.