1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Automatic thread prefix for reported posts

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Rudy, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

When using the content reporting system, we can select reports to go to a specific forum area.

I installed an add-on called Mark Thread Done, which closes the thread and applies a prefix. Works well, even respecting the original thread prefix.

However, I really need the reporting system to assign a prefix to the new thread. Visually it is much easier for us to see which reports are unresolved and in addition, sorting by prefix is a great way to bring unresolved reports into one place.

Am I missing a setting that allows this? Setting a default and required thread prefix does nothing, since the reporting system bypasses the usual thread creation mechanism.

It can't be all that hard to do, can it? I could hard-code it into a template temporarily (since I know the prefix ID). Just don't know how/where to start, since I don't code anymore if I can help it.
    Sunka and optrex like this.
  2. optrex

optrex Active Member

Yes please. I'm so sick of having to apply the report prefix manually.
  3. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

We decided the lost features are not worth switching to creating a thread for each report. But it may be worth revisiting in the future. For the standard report system, if the report itself was more like a thread or private conversation (with the full editor, and the ability to paste in screenshots), was searchable, and was tied into the warning system a little more completely, it'd be perfect.