Lack of interest Automatic Backup With 1-Click Upgrades

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

I know there's already a suggestion of a database backup/restore here.

However, with the implementation of 1-click updates, I am proposing an option in between that will allow you to take a snapshot of both the database and core files (I don't think images/video/audio would be necessary but might be as they're stored in a different format... include them if not possible) so that if something goes wrong it is way more user friendly to revert to a backup that you know works than using command lines, as 1-click is intended.

The option to run a backup would obviously include where you want to store it as well (as I believe some have connected S3 accounts, etc. and a backup may make the database server/current host full if one is made—it would have to determine if there's enough space available). Further, it should have an option of when to discard the backup (1 day, 7 days, never...).

When this is implemented, it would also make sense to also have a backup/restoration from a directory/source so a snapshot can be taken at any time and restored at any time too.

(Unsure if it's been proposed to backup files for a restoration, but this bridges the two)

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom