Autocomplete Location [Deleted]

Someone tried to sign up and it threw this error in the log, can't figure out what it was because I used the same location info and didn't throw the error.

Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The argument is not a valid Geonames ID - library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php:45
Generated By: Unknown Account, 24 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php(942): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->logError('The argument is...')
#1 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php(707): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->_getPreparedLocationData(0, 'en')
#2 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/ControllerPublic/Register.php(53): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->getDataForAtomicLocationDataUpdate(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/*********/public_html/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(7): Awedo_ACLocation_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#5 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/*********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(48) "https://www.********.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(21) {
["username"] => string(10) "Justinlime"
["********"] => string(10) "Justin********"
["********"] => string(23) "********@gmail.com"
["********"] => string(10) "********"
["********"] => string(0) ""
["dob_month"] => string(1) "9"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "19"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1977"
["location"] => string(10) "Costa Rica"
["********"] => array(1) {
["map_location"] => string(10) "Costa Rica"
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(12) "map_location"
}
["*********"] => string(12) "Pacific/Apia"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "********"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "********"
["gnid"] => string(0) ""
["selectedLocation"] => string(0) ""
}
}

also I now have 2 locations for location information, the default which is required and now autocompletes, then the User Map location, hoping these can be combined but I realize this has nothing to do with this addon, just providing all information...

signup.webp

Last edited:
Someone tried to sign up and it threw this error in the log, can't figure out what it was because I used the same location info and didn't throw the error.

Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The argument is not a valid Geonames ID - library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php:45
Generated By: Unknown Account, 24 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php(942): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->logError('The argument is...')
#1 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/Manager/Location.php(707): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->_getPreparedLocationData(0, 'en')
#2 /home/*********/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/ControllerPublic/Register.php(53): Awedo_ACLocation_Manager_Location->getDataForAtomicLocationDataUpdate(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/*********/public_html/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(7): Awedo_ACLocation_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#5 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/*********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(48) "https://www.********.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(21) {
["username"] => string(10) "Justinlime"
["********"] => string(10) "Justin********"
["********"] => string(23) "********@gmail.com"
["********"] => string(0) ""
["dob_month"] => string(1) "9"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "19"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1977"
["location"] => string(10) "Costa Rica"
["********"] => array(1) {
["map_location"] => string(10) "Costa Rica"
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(12) "map_location"
}
["*********"] => string(12) "Pacific/Apia"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "********"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "********"
["gnid"] => string(0) ""
["selectedLocation"] => string(0) ""
}
}

also I now have 2 locations for location information, the default which is required and now autocompletes, then the User Map location, hoping these can be combined but I realize this has nothing to do with this addon, just providing all information...

View attachment 135784
Same here. It breaks the registration and noone can login.

I' m pretty sure that's a different bug as @Floyd R Turbo was not able to reproduce the bug. Could you also please post the error message + bug description in the Bugs forum?
Gude, Thomas.
Yep, possible - but as this is still in beta and there is another free addon available that does the same, here is the frontend error at least. As I´ve uninstalled your addon I don´t have the stack trace available anymore.

autocompletebhlai.png

By the way, I don´t like that users shall post this bug there and the other one there and - as an enduser - prefers to have those informations even in this thread, where the addon is advertised. That way I can keep track of what´s going on with that addon - and of course that´s decicionmaking to buy or not. No offense, but that would have saved me a few hundreds in total ;)

Yep, possible - but as this is still in beta and there is another free addon available that does the same,
Yes, the other add-on does basically the same. But there are also a lot of differences, not only in the implementation but also regarding the features..

As I´ve uninstalled your addon I don´t have the stack trace available anymore.
If you didn't manually remove the error from the server log, it should be still there. But apart from that, the info on the screenshot should be sufficient.

I don´t like that users shall post this bug there and the other one there and - as an enduser - prefers to have those informations even in this thread, where the addon is advertised.
Well, there's a (imo good) reason why add-on devs can state a URL for support issues for a resource. And btw, this is where you will be forwarded to if you click on the big „Ask Questons / Get Support“ button on the overview page. It's interesting as I'm also an end-user (of other add-ons) and I find it sometimes very annyoing and time-consuming to dig through one big thread that contains literally everything from pre-sales questions, suggestions, bugs, complaints, support questions etc. I find it much more user-friendly if everything is structured in forums and threads. So honestly I cannot see any (significant) drawback for end-users if support is located on anothor forum.

That way I can keep track of what´s going on with that addon
You can e.g. subscribe to the Bugs forum. So you won't miss anything..

No offense, but that would have saved me a few hundreds in total
I'm afraid but I don't know what you mean by that.

I've just completely removed the renewal costs for this add-on. So if you purchase the add-on for 10 Euro you will also have free access to all future updates.

Another question. Is there any way to limit what can be entered into the location field? What we would like is a way to have members enter a location, yet prevent them from overriding a choice in the list by typing in their own location (which does not exist). Some members will enter locations like "Right behind you" or "Outer space" or anything nonsensical which doesn't belong in a location field. It has been an ongoing problem, despite us having a rule in place asking they use a location that is valid on Google Maps.

I think I have seen this work on other sites--a user begins typing in their location, where they must select the proper match from the list, yet they cannot override this by typing in their own text. In other words, they must choose the location from the list in order to fill the field.

We need this add-on for XF2
Yes, that would be great! I'm holding off upgrading a couple of forums to XF2 as I'm waiting for a couple of our major add-ons to be converted. Having this ready to go would make it worth adding once we get the new version online.

Top Bottom