Duplicate Auto Welcome New Users

Gary

There was a vB mod that allowed you to auto welcome new users. You could create multiple messages, such as "My Site would like to welcome NEWUSERNAME as the newest member of our site. How about tell us a little bit about yourself." or whatever you wanted, and a random message would appear into the forum of your choice every time a new user joined. This was a great way for building personalization (even though the user doesn't know it is automatic) and a good way to get people participating on the site.

Upvote 12
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
have found this to be a nice feature of previously used forums and would like to see it as a core feature for user registrations.

I agree too. It's surprising the amount of members that reply to those welcome PM's. It helps to give that "personal feel" that forums sometimes lack.
I would be surprised if the devs didn't have this one on the plate for future updates.

Agreed. It serves two roles on my site. The personal feel welcome to normal users and by including the link to my forum rules it heads off spam by shops coming on to sell. "likes" Gary's suggestion.

Top Bottom