1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Auto Welcome New Users

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Gary, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Gary

Gary Active Member

There was a vB mod that allowed you to auto welcome new users. You could create multiple messages, such as "My Site would like to welcome NEWUSERNAME as the newest member of our site. How about tell us a little bit about yourself." or whatever you wanted, and a random message would appear into the forum of your choice every time a new user joined. This was a great way for building personalization (even though the user doesn't know it is automatic) and a good way to get people participating on the site.
    Andrej, Alfa1, Jamie and 9 others like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I would like to see an add-on for this.
  3. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

Liked your post. Would love to see this added.
  4. Pady

Pady New Member

have found this to be a nice feature of previously used forums and would like to see it as a core feature for user registrations.
  5. Peter

Peter Active Member

I also like this. It could make use of a the conversation feature in xenforo with an alert.
  6. Trip

Trip Active Member

I agree too. It's surprising the amount of members that reply to those welcome PM's. It helps to give that "personal feel" that forums sometimes lack.
    I would be surprised if the devs didn't have this one on the plate for future updates.
  7. South Fork

South Fork Active Member

Agreed. It serves two roles on my site. The personal feel welcome to normal users and by including the link to my forum rules it heads off spam by shops coming on to sell. "likes" Gary's suggestion.
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'd rather see this as an add-on.
  9. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

10. Gary

Gary Active Member

I would like to see it as a standard part of XenForo, and not just an add on
  11. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Everything that improves the social interaction I will support. So, [Liked]!