Auto ping new posts to google to get them indexed

Ankurmohan

Dear Team,

Whats the way to make sure that when new threads are posted, they are automatically sent to google so google knows that it needs to be indexed?

Looks like in my forum, google does not index the new posts for a long time. My old posts are indexed.

Is there something like a pinger etc available for xenforo?

Many thanks
Ankur

Every two days, an XML Sitemap is automatically produced and Google and Bing are automatically pinged about that.

You can increase the frequency of the Cron if you wish, but it's likely unnecessary. Increasing the frequency won't necessarily make Google index you any faster, but the very presence of a sitemap and knowing it was recently updated should make the process for Googlebot and others a lot more efficient.

What Chris said. Also if you send all new posts to Google immediately, Google's going to see every spam/bad post that slips through, it's good to have a small delay for your moderators to catch things.

I would like to increase the Cron, the 2 days is too long to index, what if it is a news forum; that needs to be index within a munites?
I don't think you can make Google do anything. Google decides what and when it will index.

The best thing is to have great content that is frequently updated so Google realises the value of the site. I'm talking about Google as if it's a person, but it isn't of course.

The only way (I think) that it might know your site is a news site is if somehow you could use schema.org news mark up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom