• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Auto Media Embeder

Dodgeboard

For some reason, I never could get my members to embed media. They seem to like to post links.

I'm not sure why this isn't in the native Xenforo Code.

But, I'd sure like to have an AME for Xenforo.

Yes, I would like that too. And I am also surprised it hasn't been implemented as a standard Xenforo feature. I mean - even Facebook has it! :)

I'd like to third this... but to not even call it AME, but simply a content regex find and replace for URLs... yes it could do media but I want it to also do affiliate schemes and skimlinks style things.

What I want:
1) A database table of rules defining what to find and how to rewrite/replace it (find URL, replace with embedded media).
2) A hook that reads post content and if a URL exists will apply the rules.

Optional:
3) For the above to be open source hosted on github allowing others to work on it.
4) For the above to be done so with a high-volume site in mind. I.e. to memcache the rules and to take advantage of any Xenforo post-parsed cache that appears in the future.
5) For a cron job to load Skimlinks rules from an XML file.

Actually... I may create this if no-one else does.

Reactions: gib
Got a basic version working... it's currently hard-coded and only has a few definitions, will optimise what I have and post it later today.

AME was kinda horrible and overkill, but the ability to simply say: if someone pastes youtube or vimeo, auto embed it, .. would be great. And all that I would like out of it.

Yup, github hosting the addition, but I'll push stable updates to the thread mentioned above too.

Anyone is welcome to add definitions, eventually they will be stored in a database or config file... though right now they're hard-coded.

Yup, github hosting the addition, but I'll push stable updates to the thread mentioned above too.

Anyone is welcome to add definitions, eventually they will be stored in a database or config file... though right now they're hard-coded.
Ok Thanks ... :)

Top Bottom