1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Link Rebuild 1.0.0

Rebuild message auto link...

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Liam W submitted a new resource:

Auto Link Rebuild - Rebuild message auto link...

Read more about this resource...
    Amaury likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Regarding the warning, shouldn't be too much of an issue on small forums like ours. I can't imagine it being an issue on large forums as well, though, other than taking longer.
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It could also cause a network issue, as it has to connect to every site, one after the other...

It may not be an issue, but I don't really want to be blamed if it is :)

Amaury likes this.
  4. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

@Liam W does it change the last edited date from all the posts? (I hope not)
  5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I set the data writer option to not change it, and to not log the edit.

Fred. likes this.
  6. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Great! (y)
  7. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

It suddenly stopped on my test forum after about 17 000 posts

I get a white page

when I refresh the page it ends. Only 17 000 posts are rebuild.

I tried again and got the same...

3th. run 25 items / page. Still ends unexpected after 17 000 posts.

I will try again tomorrow.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  8. insocial

insocial Member

Will this also cause old links to be rebuilt to use the link proxy?
  9. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

That's strange. It sounds like it's timing out. Have you tried lowering the number of posts per page?

10. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I just found the problem, there was a huge post that was soft deleted (before I was using XenForo) and I was unable to view the thread, I could still move it but not view it. I hard deleted the post and that solved the problem. :)
  11. Nuno

Nuno Active Member

Can this addon Report the status of the link, eventually generate some log with broken links?
  12. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

I'm getting this warning when I run it on an XF 1.5 forum:

file_get_contents(http://...@N06/sets/72157600236430072): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. file_get_contents() in MediaSites/Flickr.php at line 8
    3. MediaSites_Flickr::buildEmbed()
    4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 1862
    5. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->_getMediaSiteHtmlFromCallback() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 1742
    6. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagMedia()
    7. call_user_func() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 745
    8. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 652
    9. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 565
    10. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 546
    11. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 526
    12. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php at line 505
    13. XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 72
    14. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_checkMessageValidity() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 345
    15. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
    16. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
    17. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in LiamW/AutoLinkRebuild/Deferred/AutoLinkRebuild.php at line 37
    18. LiamW_AutoLinkRebuild_Deferred_AutoLinkRebuild->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
    19. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
    20. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
    21. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
    22. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    23. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    24. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theparac/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
  13. Gene Steinberg

Tried to uninstall, and got this:

An exception occurred: file_get_contents(http://...@N06/sets/72157600236430072): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/MediaSites/Flickr.php on line 8

So I'm caught in a loop. It wants to continue to attempt to do anything about rebuilding, and it sends me back to warnings.

Right now, it's no longer listed among add-ons, but the Rebuild page still shows it. ????
  14. Gene Steinberg

Update. I got this to work by hiding the Flickr.php file. Is there a new/different version somewhere?
  15. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Has this been successfully used on greater than 1.5.0 or was Gene's issue specific to his config?
  16. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I used it on 1.5.0 (y)
    melbo likes this.
  17. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we could specify a # of threads with links to test before we ran it on 100% of the forum.