[Liam W] (RIP) Post Count Rebuild

[Liam W] (RIP) Post Count Rebuild 2.0.3

No permission to download
Actually, before I download. I wanted to know if this does what I think it does. I used to have a forum that does not count threads/posts towards user post count. I have changed this setting since then to allow it to count and want the user post count to update. Would this add-on do that?

That strange. Just used to and was expecting my user count to go up but instead it went down. Not by much, just by 17 posts but I thought now that I have the forums counting towards post count, it would count towards them after rebuild and go up!

That strange. Just used to and was expecting my user count to go up but instead it went down. Not by much, just by 17 posts but I thought now that I have the forums counting towards post count, it would count towards them after rebuild and go up!

It's entirely possible that an old add-on interfered with historic post counts, or there were other forums that were merged/changed which changed which posts are counted.

As for this Liam's add-on I see it well as it is, Liam added the feature of being able to run it via cli, so it's perfect for what it is, I wouldn't add any more features.

What is cli command to do rebuild?

php cmd.php xf-rebuild:liamw-postcountrebuild-user-post-counts

Code:
# php cmd.php list

xf-rebuild
  xf-rebuild:forums
  xf-rebuild:liamw-postcountrebuild-user-post-counts
  xf-rebuild:search
  xf-rebuild:sitemap
  xf-rebuild:threads
  xf-rebuild:users

Last edited:
@Liam W

can you provide a little more info regarding under what circumstances the post count would need to be rebuilt? I'm in the process of upgrading to xf2 and I previously had your xf1 addon installed, but unsure if I should re-install/upgrade...trying to get a better sense for how this could/would be used.

Top Bottom