Lack of interest Auto inserting URL in post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shanj

When pasting or typing a URL in a post it would be a lovely shortcut if the little WYSWYG edit box came up automatically.
So I paste in www.xenforo.com and as soon as I press Space the WYSWYG box comes up
- with that URL I just entered already in it!

(If the site URL was not a straightforward http:// or www. beginning it would have to default back to manually opening the WYSWYG edit box.)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
you are not going to find much support for it. most people prefer to put the URL directly if they want it to appear like it. and use the URL button if they want to link it to some text. i am myself in favor of converting raw links with the title tag of the page. devs have mentioned that they are considering adding that as an option in the future.

most people prefer to put the URL directly if they want it to appear like it. and use the URL button if they want to link it to some text. i am myself in favor of converting raw links with the title tag of the page. devs have mentioned that they are considering adding that as an option in the future.

Good point.
I find it good practice to put the url in as text so it can be copied off as backup if the label style doesn't work.
Also seeing the URL is helpfully informative.

Top Bottom