Auto-Embed Youtube Links?

onyxchase

Is there a way to Auto-Embed Youtube links? I noticed that people usually just paste their YouTube video link and I constantly have to edit their post and tag them in the MEDIA tags, is there a way to get XenForo to do this automatically?

Thanks. ;)

Some of the videos don't even allow embedding (Instead of the video, you will see a message telling you that the uploader does not want the video to be embedded on external sites). Linking to these same videos works fine.

I think that automatically embedding everything by default would cause troubles.

Some of the videos don't even allow embedding (Instead of the video, you will see a message telling you that the uploader does not want the video to be embedded on external sites). Linking to these same videos works fine.

I think that automatically embedding everything by default would cause troubles.

I think if you don't allow embeding you can still see the picture of the youtube clip, but when you click play it brings you to YouTube instead of playing on the page.

Top Bottom