1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto-Embed Youtube Links?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by onyxchase, Feb 25, 2011.

1. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Is there a way to Auto-Embed Youtube links? I noticed that people usually just paste their YouTube video link and I constantly have to edit their post and tag them in the MEDIA tags, is there a way to get XenForo to do this automatically?

Thanks. ;)

Dodgeboard and erich37 like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Brogan likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Russ, I forgot about that particular add-on.

5. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

why do we need a plugin for this ???

6. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

http://api.embed.ly/tools/script is what I use...

just add this code to your forum code:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://scripts.embed.ly/embedly.js" ></script>

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

8. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Thank you all. I think it should be a default XF feature but I'll settle for the plugin for now.

Dodgeboard likes this.
  9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Because sometimes the person wants put up a link, at least that is what I like to do occasionally.

10. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

You could link it with the URL tag, and if there is no tag it should auto embed. Just My thoughts. :)

Dodgeboard likes this.
  11. Ati

Ati Active Member

Some of the videos don't even allow embedding (Instead of the video, you will see a message telling you that the uploader does not want the video to be embedded on external sites). Linking to these same videos works fine.

I think that automatically embedding everything by default would cause troubles.

12. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

I think if you don't allow embeding you can still see the picture of the youtube clip, but when you click play it brings you to YouTube instead of playing on the page.

Dodgeboard likes this.