Auto Delete

Auto Delete 1.7

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Auto Delete - Auto delete threads in selected forums.

Description:

Auto Delete will delete threads in selected forums. The Options page allows setting the "Days" and Forums" that will be determine the threads that will be deleted.

An example where this add-on is very useful is to quickly delete old threads in classified forums.

This add-on is designed to be run manually from your browser. I suggest making a bookmark for easy access. I run this add-on once every few months.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 71328
(Example...

Read more about this resource...

so its not actually auto delete ?

I was presuming this would automatically delete threads in x forum after x days automatically eg via chron

still helpful but not what I thought when reading the title

would be great if thread could be deleted via chron

Last edited:
Why would someone install this, rather than using the Batch Update Threads feature?

upload_2014-4-9_14-6-5.webp

That's how it works now.

When I asked the question, the add on didn't do anything that batch update threads couldn't do.

Excellent - we have this currently for our classifieds & auction watch sections in the non-XF platform we're leaving. I hate having posts re expired ebay auctions cluttering up the place hence the auction section & the need for automated clean-up. :)

What would need to happen to make the autodelete work with just a certain usergroup. Say, guests..
Any easy hack to this add-on for that you think?

Why would someone install this, rather than using the Batch Update Threads feature?

Because it's automatic?

Our auction watch section. Auction info expires after 90 days - so do our posts.
Classifieds - unless user deletes they delete automatically after 60 days

Why quote a post I made from 5 months ago without any understanding of what my comment relates to?

The post you quoted was 100% accurate when I posted it.

At the time I wrote that post, this add on did nothing that the Batch Update Threads feature couldn't do.

Top Bottom