Aussies, Kiwis and other assorted Down Unders....

Oh to shut them up just ask how the Wallabies are going ;)

Stop fishing Jello

fishing1.gif

Oh to shut them up just ask how the Wallabies are going ;)

Oh right, I have to tread carefully here between the Hatfields and McCoys. :D

Here are some questions I CAN answer:

Q: What's the difference between an egg in Oz and an egg in the U.S.?
A: The eggs in Oz are gigantic, and the yolk is a kind of neon orange color seen nowhere else on earth that I know of.

Q: If you ask an Aussie to throw a shrimp on the barbie, what will they do?
A: Tell you they're called prawns you dumbass, and curse out Paul Hogan.

Q: What is the downside to Chocolate Flake?
A: You'll be picking those flakes out of stuff for the rest of the week if you don't have the sense to eat it over a paper plate.

If we need to bust out, I have a spare license or two LOL we could start our own forum.
Cool... a down under XF forum would be spot on. XF should allow official branching out to other countries, kind off like official unofficial xenforo forums to spread the word locally, all linking back to here for purchasing and running the default style with a little country obscurities... just to stand them out. :D a xenforo.com.au... I'd be there.

Well we might just keep it here for now, but yeah, ultimately it would be good to have a forum :)

Not sure about any official unofficial status, as English speakers there's no real justification, other than we want to spread the word and promote xenforo locally, and have a place to gather, but no harm in asking I guess.

Jeff and I are about to relaunch our General Chat forum, that has a very Aussie flavour to it, it might be the go to have a forum there perhaps? To start with, if it gets big as I said I have a couple of licenses with no immediate plans attached to them, always a possiblity, but I don't want to do it if it is going to be tumbleweed city :p

So let's get talking Down Underies :D

I still reckon you should hit the team up for xenforo.com.au, as a clearly marked and identified unofficial support medium, that if xenforo even decided to officially branch into Australia, then it is handed over to xenforo. Runs a default board, etc... I think they should have a xenforo.co.uk unofficial site as well. Branding is everything upon launching a new product... but that's just the marketing in me. :rolleyes:

If XF are ever happy with that type of marketing, hell... I would buy it myself with a written undertaking it belongs to XF upon request. If it makes it Australian, I would absolutely be there heaps.

I still reckon you should hit the team up for xenforo.com.au, as a clearly marked and identified unofficial support medium, that if xenforo even decided to officially branch into Australia, then it is handed over to xenforo. Runs a default board, etc... I think they should have a xenforo.co.uk unofficial site as well. Branding is everything upon launching a new product... but that's just the marketing in me. :rolleyes:

If XF are ever happy with that type of marketing, hell... I would buy it myself with a written undertaking it belongs to XF upon request. If it makes it Australian, I would absolutely be there heaps.

I am fairly certain they would want to keep any such domains firmly in their own hands, but I can ask. :)

Would be nice for corporate clients to have an Australian business hours point of support I guess, certainly no other forum solution is offering that.

But what I am predominately talking about is a users group, for support, product promotion, networking, fun and frivolity ;)

Guess we just kick off and if the xenforo team like what we are doing they might in due course link us in as a support forum for Down Under hours. Not sure we'll get the com.au addy as xenforo would see that as the tip of the iceberg in terms of country listing. Besides which we should have xenforo.co.nz as the preferred name ;)

Did note at joomla they have regional forums and language forums etc.

I drink a lot and my Brother worked for Quantis airline at one time.

I also love Elle MacPherson, that alone should qualify me !!!

I drink a lot and my Brother worked for Quantis airline at one time.

I also love Elle MacPherson, that alone should qualify me !!!

Well everyone loves Elle, and the airline is called Qantas :p lol

True we are heavy drinkers, by US standards anyway.. but .. the redneck thing scares me.. we have enough of those ourselves... so...sorry to say, your honourary Down Under status has been...

denied_stamp_c.webp

Top Bottom