Audiento is being sold

Your situation may not be typical. In my case, I'm not a coder in any way so setting up a XenForo forum required several add-ons, setup and custom work. And will in future. In XenForo's case, I spent more on Add-on products, setup and custom work than on XenForo. If those products, CMS, Ad manager, spam manager, utilities were not available and were not in turn supported by contractors, XenForo's viability for a forum software market would be greatly reduced. It would have been zero and will be zero in future (I would switch to another product) if XenForo does not get back on track. I took the risk going in because I like the look and feel of Xenforo and the third party products and people were there to make it work.

I would disagree and say that XenForo is totally dependent upon Add-ons and contractors for all customers except those who are also coders.
Did you purchase anything from the third party company in question?
The size and activity level of the community in the support forums is definitely a gauge for judging a product.

Show me where I said that it wasn't.

I moved to XenForo about 3-4 months ago. I don't require any skin designers or third party mods as of yet and I don't see myself needing them in the future either.
Good for you. Your reasons for posting in this thread are what exactly then?
To say XenForo is in decline due lack of third party sales is quite misleading. If anything, I think it's a major benefit to XenForo that I don't need to rely on third party developers.
o_O

Good for you. Your reasons for posting in this thread are what exactly then?

o_O
My point is that as a recent purchaser of XenForo, I haven't had to use third party addon's or styles. I have also found myself not needing to visit the company forums as often as I did with others.

Personally, I don't believe the lack of addon sales and the company forum user count are great indicators of customers feelings towards the product. There's too many factors which can influence these figures.

I do realise there's a level of uncertainty surrounding XenForo but I don't believe this has suddenly lead to everyone being tentative in purchasing addons or styles.

Well I'm not going to argue with someone in the business. I just don't think XenForo's decline is justifiable by the amount of third party addon sales and online support forum users.

Well I'm not going to argue with someone in the business. I just don't think XenForo's decline is justifiable by the amount of third party addon sales and online support forum users.
People aren't willing to use a software that doesn't have a robust 3rd party ecosystem (Styles and add-ons). Many people have stated as such.

Some people are waiting for 1.2 to see whether or not XenForo is going to survive, while others are waiting to see the end of the initial lawsuit. This impacts sales because these are people who are going to buy products from developers or designers.

And you are arguing with someone in the business (Who has more experience than most other designers here in fact).

People aren't willing to use a software that doesn't have a robust 3rd party ecosystem (Styles and add-ons). Many people have stated as such.

Some people are waiting for 1.2 to see whether or not XenForo is going to survive, while others are waiting to see the end of the initial lawsuit. This impacts sales because these are people who are going to buy products from developers or designers.

And you are arguing with someone in the business (Who has more experience than most other designers here in fact).
You are absolutely right. In that respect the lawsuit accomplished its goal by creating what we call FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. In a bad economy, funds are limited. Developers can't afford a big investment in XF until they know about its log term viability. To a certain extent, I think the XF staff has contributed to that with their lack of communication and visibility. Marketing is every bit as important as development and they have done a piss poor job of marketing the product and the company. That, in my mind, is their most critical misstep.

Its one thing when the third part community seems to be holding their breath to see what happens. Its quite another when it feels like the staff is too. Instead, they should have been constantly marketing a message that everything is rainbows and lollipops.

A proper valuation in today's economy means an 18 month ROI : $58,176

Hard to see much of any valuation as 60% of the direct business is leaving with seller. The remaining 40% is dependent, directly or indirectly (the forum), on the work of seller who is leaving.

Well, nothing personal, but I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about.

I think that he knows pretty well what he is talking about. In his opinion xenforo 's success or failure is not depending on the third party add ons/styles. At least it was not to That is why he purchased a copy of xenforo recently. And like him there are quite plenty of other users out there who are satisfied with the current features of xenforo and do not want much in the way of third party mods and/or styles.

Your opinion is obviously quite different. Not everyone thinks the same. So that "you don't know what you are talking about" stuff cuts both ways.

What does this have to do with anything, just curious? So in other words because someone has more experience then the average webmaster then one shouldn''t express his/her thoughts about something that are different from the ones of this experienced designer, coder or whatever? Sorry to say this but this looks too arrogant to me.

What does this have to do with anything, just curious? So in other words because someone has more experience then the average webmaster then one shouldn''t express his/her thoughts about something that are different from the ones of this experienced designer, coder or whatever? Sorry to say this but this looks too arrogant to me.
:rolleyes: Expressing thoughts is fine, arguing with someone who has more experience than the majority of 3rd party developers and designers here isn't.

If it were some other subject, and not about the impact of the developer/designer presence on a platform it would be completely different. But it is equally as arrogant to argue with someone who has over a decades experience on something, and is respected for his opinion on the subject by and large.

:rolleyes: Expressing thoughts is fine, arguing with someone who has more experience than the majority of 3rd party developers and designers here isn't.

If it were some other subject, and not about the impact of the developer/designer presence on a platform it would be completely different. But it is equally as arrogant to argue with someone who has over a decades experience on something, and is respected for his opinion on the subject by and large.

I know what you mean but in this case the argument was about something that was not related to any designing/coding field. Because for that user the third party styles/mods did not play any rol to discourage/encourage him from purchasing xenforo. He simply didn''t seem to care and he expressed his views/thoughts on the subject.

So according to you if someone that has years of experience in designing thinks that the future of xenforo is uncertain and the lack of developers/designers etc has a negative impact on the future of the product, then other users shouldn''t buy xenforo? Isn''t it up to them to do what they themselves think is the right thing to do? And if their thoughts are not the same as the experienced coders/designers, so what? What 's the big deal?

Sorry but how is anything I said arrogant? If anything, the reply I got was "arrogant".

Also, I wasn't arguing against any of his expertise. I simply stated what I disagreed with.

You stated that my opinion regarding the relationship between 3rd party developers and the future health of the product was not accurate. I said you didn't know what you were talking about...I probably could have been kinder in my choice of wording but it was not intended to be a personal attack. No arrogance on my part because, in my opinion, you don't when it comes to this particular topic. You are welcome to your opinion and the right to express it, and I am happy that you don't need those services, however I doubt very seriously you represent the majority of users of a forum product. All you need do is spend a little time reviewing the myriad of topics here where people express just exactly that - a lack of needed addons that is preventing them from pulling the trigger.

@Borbole - I never meant to imply I was discouraging anyone from buying the product but if someone were to be, that's not my fault for expressing my situation.

I think Sadik described the situation the best when he said earlier:
But, overall I do agree with the sentiment that the developers here have treated people who have supported them, the early adopters, third party developers, people who bought many more licenses than they needed etc. with very little respect.

You know, it's a sad shame that it takes *****ing and moaning on an epic scale to get any response out of the developers the last 6 months. Then when we do get a response, it certainly isn't anything that inspires confidence for the future. It is beyond mind boggling to me and absolutely does speak of a lack of respect for one's customers.

@Mike - sorry for my part in taking this thread OT. I'm sure it will get closed soon too.

John, I would PM you but I don't have the option.
You stated that my opinion regarding the relationship between 3rd party developers and the future health of the product was not accurate.
For the record, I never "stated" anything about your opinion not being accurate. I stated my opinion which you quite obviously disagree with.

I'm not here for petty arguments so feel free to PM me because this will be my last post on this.

@Mike - sorry for my part in taking this thread OT. I'm sure it will get closed soon too.

Its on everyone's mind, and the fact that threads keep getting closed isn't helping the situation. Mind, that isn't the moderators' fault necessarily.

I do think we need the air cleared, and have someone answer the elementary question: "Is XenForo going to pull through?" Not answering this makes me think there is a reason for that, and that reason is because people will not like the truth.

In any case, as soon as a mod sees this I think I'd like to have it closed or at least the title changed.

Thanks for everyone's concern, Audentio Design isn't going anywhere. We've got a bunch of XenForo designs just waiting for a word from XenForo. We've got talks for XenForo plugins as well. And our Wordpress themes are to be released soon. We want to branch out into other things, and our team is working hard to make sure that we can still pay our bills at the same time. We are doing the best we can.

That's all I'm saying too Mike. I have loads I'd like to do as well, but I need some concrete reassurance before I spend hours and hours of my time and money doing so.
The sad part about this is that what you just said is what prevents people from creating add-ons and thus in turn prevents people from making the move to xF which is what is what stops you from wanting to create add-ons. It is a spiral of cause and effect that never ends, with the only way to get out of it being as Mike said 'I do think we need the air cleared, and have someone answer the elementary question: "Is XenForo going to pull through?"' If the xF team was to reassure the modders/designers then that would alleviate some of the tension that the lack of communication has caused, thus allowing for more mods/styles to be created, which would result in more people buying xF and it would be a self-sustaining source of production and income for both the xF team and the modders/designers.

I hope you can follow my very strange logic...

Top Bottom