Audiento is being sold

Thanks for everyone's concern, Audentio Design isn't going anywhere. We've got a bunch of XenForo designs just waiting for a word from XenForo. We've got talks for XenForo plugins as well. And our Wordpress themes are to be released soon. We want to branch out into other things, and our team is working hard to make sure that we can still pay our bills at the same time. We are doing the best we can.

That's quite nice to hear. I wish you all the best! :)

I agree that the thread has served it's purpose (concern for Audiento) and being the thread starter I would like it closed too before there's any more bickering.

I think the way forum softwares are taking their styling systems, being to aim them at a novice, this would impact professional stylers some what. Also doesn't help them when you have one designer who has released the most successful style for XF thus far... being Flexile.

Personally, I decided not to use a custom/purchased style when I moved to XF for a few of reasons:
  • Cost - I spent $700 on IPB skins (because I didn't have the time or inclination to learn the template system) and didn't want to spend a similar amount when moving to XF unless I really had to.
    Easy of editing - with XF I found it much easier and quicker to effect simple colour changes and to change selected elements in the layout so I was able to make it "look" satisfactory without too much time/expense.
  • Post-update re-working - updates often bring template changes and major updates mean lots of template changes; so I decided to work on keeping my styles more "stock" so that it would be easier on me at upgrade time.
That's not to say that quality of the styles on offer are not great - they are - but just to illustrate how I made a concious decision not to use such services when I migrated to XF.

I may decide, later in the life of my XF usage, to buy some custom styles to give my sites a more defined "identity" but for the moment I'm pocketing the savings.

So, in my case anyway, it's not so much the development of XF that was the deciding factor, more of a decision on my part to use/modify less to begin with.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I can see where you guys are coming from. I expected much more when first releasing add-ons. I doubt any of my add-ons are near covering costs to make. So I had to move back to client development and my reputation here suffered with bugs in releases far too long.
At the moment I am looking at XenForo add-ons as an investment. In a year or 2 from now they should support me with a lot not needing much maintenance or support. Right now they don't even cover my bills.
I will also be moving into the concrete5 market to help with money issues without having to do full time work elsewhere. I was hoping to have hired someone part time by now...

Top Bottom