Attention Zero-Posters [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

Attention Zero-Posters (version 1.0.0) - This will by default remind zero-posters (x days after registration) to start posting soon.

INFORMATION:
This will by default remind zero-posters (x days after registration) to start posting soon, beside this hack is flexible and you can use it for some other important alerting of inactive members.

FEATURES:
- Admin can set number of days (after registration) to wait before showing message to user.
- Admin can set message url to remind zero-posters.
- Admin can select which affected usergroups these permissions should be...

Read more about this resource...

Another useful mod. Excellent work.

I would and might install this one but I'm sure the gritter notifications add-on I purchased from chris deeming does this already just going to check. Regardless of that another fine and useful resource *******. :)

I would and might install this one but I'm sure the gritter notifications add-on I purchased from chris deeming does this already just going to check. Regardless of that another fine and useful resource *******. :)
I agree !

Well, not just Notifications...

The default Notices system can do this.

Criteria:
  • User has been registered for at least X days
  • User has posted no more than X messages
Produces:
uDERO.png

I wouldnt say "occasionally." That immediately makes them feel safe and they'd ignore it.

"We DO delete members who do not post. This is not a board for lurkers (observers).
If you're not sure where to post, go HERE and just say a quick hello sentence or two though more is very welcome.
If you need help you can contact me HERE."

I wouldnt say "occasionally." That immediately makes them feel safe and they'd ignore it.

"We DO delete members who do not post. This is not a board for lurkers (observers).
If you're not sure where to post, go HERE and just say a quick hello sentence or two though more is very welcome.
If you need help you can contact me HERE."
The wording isn't important. I don't actually use a notice like that or prune zero posting members. My point was this can be achieved using the default Notices system (as in my screenshot). It doesn't need a separate add-on.

I haven't found that a small friendly reminder has much effect. I do that but it only pulls in a few. What has effect is the 'friendly' as a fairminded warning followed 2 weeks later by the kind of message I put above. That gets quite a lot activated.

With respect Chris I rarely disagree with you, but this once ... the wording DOES matter. If it's a one line message just saying we delete sometimes it gets interpreted as 'not me.' It has to say loud and clear THIS MEANS YOU. Then immediately after they6 are jolted, they get friendly help on exactly what to do to put it right.

People are so high stressed, exhausted and subject to frequent bullying in this foul society we have, sadly we have to push too to get heard among all their strains and stresses. In my case it's ironic as my main board is a poewsrful support community that really does help people cope. But a hobby board helps too - it distracts and soothes so we can feel justified in pushing our packages.

With respect Chris I rarely disagree with you, but this once ... the wording DOES matter. If it's a one line message just saying we delete sometimes it gets interpreted as 'not me.' It has to say loud and clear THIS MEANS YOU. Then immediately after they6 are jolted, they get friendly help on exactly what to do to put it right.

His point wasn't about what it said. Simple.

My point was this can be achieved using the default Notices system (as in my screenshot). It doesn't need a separate add-on.

Did you fully read what he put? Sheesh.

I haven't found that a small friendly reminder has much effect. I do that but it only pulls in a few. What has effect is the 'friendly' as a fairminded warning followed 2 weeks later by the kind of message I put above. That gets quite a lot activated.

People are so high stressed, exhausted and subject to frequent bullying in this foul society we have, sadly we have to push too to get heard among all their strains and stresses. In my case it's ironic as my main board is a poewsrful support community that really does help people cope. But a hobby board helps too - it distracts and soothes so we can feel justified in pushing our packages.
Morgain,

Yes, I agree. The wording does matter. I have not at all doubted the point you're trying to make. I agree with you.

But my point, however, has absolutely nothing to do with what you're saying.

My point was simply that the default Notices system can achieve exactly what this add-on already does. Putting the correct wording aside, you can already put up a Notice that tells someone their account may be deleted due to inactivity.

That being said, this add-on would have a place if you already have a number of notices being displayed and you wanted this to appear alongside those.

Well, not just Notifications...

The default Notices system can do this.

Criteria:
  • User has been registered for at least X days
  • User has posted no more than X messages
Produces:
uDERO.png

Yeah I was just phrasing notifications as a example rather than both. I wasn't 100% sure because even though I spend a vast amount of time styling them (notifications rather than notices) your wonderful add-on get's promotion rights, I haven't used all the criteria the system(s) offer. Thanks for the confirmation Chris, I told you didn't I? You practically gave the notifications add-on away being such great value for money vs benefits?

If this would email the zero poster users after say x period of time, I'd be all over this.

This was my point too. Rather than nagging at the ones who bother to visit, I want to reach the ones who don't even visit for long periods.
Which system does that? Notices? this one? Or what?

One problem with "poking" is that the XF emails only let me select those with MORE THAN x number of posts.
I've never understood why I cannot select all those with LESS THAN x number of posts and email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom