Not a bug Attempts to send emails to your@email have failed. Please update your email.

rafass

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong.
Accidentally I've misconfigured for few minutes my email on my host.

After quickly fix the issue, I saw here in Xenforo Community the message:

Attempts to send emails to my@email have failed. Please update your email.

Questions:
If the email is working properly again, the message disappear automatically?
Because I've been waiting about 1 hour and the notice was still there.

I went to my contact details, I've changed my email, the system sent me the email to confirm the new account, but after click in the confirmation link it show me this:

Xenforo Community - Error
Your account could not be confirmed.

After try again with my old email my account is confirmed here again. but now I'm facing the same problem in other boards where I'm member.

Attempts to send emails to my@email have failed. Please update your email. and I can not confirm my email in some boards now. I'm seeing: xxx - Error Your account could not be confirmed.

Seems a little tricky fix the problem when the emails are bouncing. any Idea? or what is the quickly way to solve this issue when this happen?
Edit: You will see the problem if you want to use the first email (the email that was bouncing)
is weird, I'm seeing this in other boards too.

Last edited:
Questions:
If the email is working properly again, the message disappear automatically?
Because I've been waiting about 1 hour and the notice was still there.
No, it won't change automatically.

I went to my contact details, I've changed my email, the system sent me the email to confirm the new account, but after click in the confirmation link it show me this:

Xenforo Community - Error
Your account could not be confirmed.
This would only happen if the confirmation key had expired. In your case, it likely had. You actually changed your email address twice. That would generate a new confirmation email and therefore expire the old one. You will have clicked on the old one. Admittedly this could be confusing because it all happened within a minute, with delays in email, I guess it's possible you could have received the expired one last; but there's not a lot we can do about that.

As for the same happening on other boards, I can't really comment, but I just replicated the exact scenario here. I set myself to bounce, I updated my email address, the confirmation email worked fine, first time.

I can only suggest you keep trying and just ensure you are updating the other sites with a valid email address, and where possible only generate one confirmation email.

but I just replicated the exact scenario here. I set myself to bounce, I updated my email address, the confirmation email worked fine, first time.
Hello Chris. Thanks for the explanation.
I'm seeing that using other email, the confirmation works fine.
The problem (apparently) occur if you want to use the previous email (the email that was bouncing before)
To the users that could be a little complicated.
Anyway I've already solved the problem here and in the other board
Thanks Sir.
--
Edit:
Attempting to use the previous email address, (in other board)
it show me: Attempts to send emails to my@email have failed. Please update your email.
is like the email that was bouncing is included in some kind of black list. it can not be used again.
Even doesn't send me the confirmation.

Last edited:
It's quite possible that one of the old bounces got processed after you changed your email address back. Give it some time before changing back.

Bounces are processed every 30 minutes in batches so it may be worth waiting until tomorrow before changing it back. It really depends how many bounces are being processed by the board you're using.

Top Bottom