XF 2.0 Attachments permissions

I have a user group that has special permissions for use of the Gallery, but every has the same permissions for attachments. I have a new user posting pictures as attachments (which is working) and I'm running into a problem with viewing the attached pics. Everyone can see the thumbnails, but members of the Gallery privileged group cannot view the full size. They get an error message about permissions. That even includes me! It looks like members who are not part of the Gallery privileged group can open up the full size attachments. Where can I look to fix the permissions problem?

You just need to ensure you set the permissions correctly.

You can use the permissions analyzer tool to determine the cause.

I appreciate the reply, but I've already tried that and I'm not seeing anything wrong there. I can even go into the admin console, browse to the attachment and view it full size there. There seems to be something in the "privileged" user group that prevents people from clicking on the thumbnail in the post to view the attachment full size.

I'm jumping around a bit, so let me fully describe what's happening. I have a group called "Registered" and another group called "Contributing Member". The Contributing Member (CM) group gets special permissions to access the Media Gallery. CM members are also secondarily members of Registered. Both groups have full rights to attachments. Only the Media Gallery is different, plus the CM members get a tag.

When someone posts a picture as an attachment, everyone can see the thumbnail. When it's a Registered user posting it, other Registered members can click on the attachment and view it full size. With the same attachment, a CM member will get the permissions error. If it's a CM member posting the image as an attachment, I believe everyone can view it full size.

So, where can I check to see what permission in the CM user group is preventing full size viewing of attachments posted by non-CM group users? I'm going to attach the output of the permissions analyzer for one of the CM users that complained about not being able to view the attachment full size.

It's probably easier if you submit a ticket.

We will need log ins for a super admin account, and a log in for an affected account.

Top Bottom