As designed Attachments Do Not Display When Previewing a Post

Amaury

As title and video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It worked exactly the same in 1.2.4 as it does now.
Sorry, you are right. I had an add-on installed which made this functionality possible with the xenForo 1.2.4 installation. Sorry for that.

But it would still be interesting, what the "technical reasons" are which make it impossible to realize a functionality which nearly every other discussion platform is able to deliver to their customers.
I am missing a lot of standard functionality in xenForo which I have to compensate with add-ons which made a lot of trouble during the last updates to 1.3.

It would be great to get more of the nowadays standard features in the native xenForo, because it is a mess to handle all this separate plugins with different coding standards and quality from different delivery platforms with their different update policies.

Sorry for being a bit of a whinger :(

I'm not sure if this is the same issue. On our system, it shows attachment links to photos in the preview, and shows the actual photos below that in the edit view. Is that how it's supposed to work? Isn't that backwards? I did a preview to see how the photos were going to be arranged on the normal screen size, but it doesn't show the attachments, even placeholders (which is what the initial posting here showed).
Here are two photos, inserted as thumbnails:
[ATT ACH]122921[/ATT ACH] [ATT ACH]122922[/ATT ACH]
(edited, I saw the the thumbs). Now I'm going to More Options to do a preview.
Before clicking Preview..., it shows ATTACH codes here in the typing area, where it showed the thumbs in the original entry screen.
Allamanda-hendersonii_431Nohonani-Waikiki_Cutler_20151124_132053.webp Allamanda-hendersonii_431Nohonani-Waikiki_Cutler_20151124_155440.webp
Now it shows attachment links in the Preview area: View attachment 122921 View attachment 122922

(I put spaces in the code to prevent it executing, to show what I was seeing here in Preview).

OK, I understand now that it's xenForo and not something that isn't working correctly in our system. That's not really a Preview, is it, though it does prevent people from thinking they have finished the posting.

Last edited:
As has already been stated above, the behaviour is expected and it's like it is for technical reasons related to how attachments are associated with content and how that data is then fetched for the content.

Should you require further support with this please associate your forum username with your license and post in the appropriate forum.

Top Bottom