Future fix attachments are not deleted

This is likely going to be a major pain/issue to fix, as it doesn't apply across the board. It only applies to attachments in conversations where the deleted user is the only person left.

Flipping this around, it's also possible for it to come up when uninstalling an add-on if the add-on allows attachments.
I have every confidence in your Mike to be able to correct this bug. And I and I imagine everyone else here is very grateful for the hard work you and effort you, @Kier and @Ashley put into developing, producing, and releasing XenForo.

If you need someone to help test a fix before release, I'd be very happy to lend a hand. :)

Bump!

Attachments are not deleted. I tested id and really attachments are not deleted. Still showing in FTP (data and internal_data folder). You can try it. Delete an attachment on a message and look at that in FTP. You will see file still there and not deleted. I think it's big a bug.

The files are not physically removed until a certain amount of time has passed and certain cron entries have run.

I noticed that attachments to the message are not shown if not used in the message.
But when editing, they are displayed below with the possibility of insertion.

This happens just when restoring an earlier version, where there were no attachments.

Will these attachments be considered orphaned, or should I delete them from the message in edit mode?

This is why I ask: hurry - people make fun of. Hurried and took advantage of the add-on Image Converter 5.0 and at the nearest editing everything from the tag url migrated to the attachments.

There was an inconvenience: attachments only apply to this message and it is inconvenient to edit it without seeing the thumbnails.

And there are messages with 4000 pictures (yes, such a forum specifics are series), I roll back the original message, where they were still external, but the attachments themselves will be long removed from messages -)

Have you waited for the cron script to run in order to remove attachments after deleting posts?Attachment data is deleted in the Hourly Purge cron entry. That's why they're still there when you regenerate the thumbnail. Force immediate deletion by running cron entry in AdminCP.

Hopefully it didn't take 4 years. I'd say the cron was broken if so. 😂
You know, since this thread is still flagged as "Future fix", I suspect that this bug is still present in the latest version of XF. It will affect me too, because at some point, I'm gonna make a local copy and take a hatchet to it like the OP did here, so I'd expect to see a blank database, but that won't happen with this issue present.

You know, since this thread is still flagged as "Future fix", I suspect that this bug is still present in the latest version of XF. It will affect me too, because at some point, I'm gonna make a local copy and take a hatchet to it like the OP did here, so I'd expect to see a blank database, but that won't happen with this issue present.
I know I'm going to get heat for this, but I don't understand why there are so many future fixes from years ago! Would it not make sense to prioritise them and clear the backlog? I know that with time spent on them, we simply wouldn't have what we have now in the core product but it seems like they're not even acknowledged or ever will be.

Further to add. There are future fixes from 2013! That's nuts. I do wonder if all of them are still relevant (functionality is different or now present)

I know I'm going to get heat for this, but I don't understand why there are so many future fixes from years ago! Would it not make sense to prioritise them and clear the backlog? I know that with time spent on them, we simply wouldn't have what we have now in the core product but it seems like they're not even acknowledged or ever will be.
Good point. I wonder if perhaps some of these are actually fixed, but haven't been cleared off the system. It certainly doesn't look good to have them sitting around for years like this.

EDIT:

lol I see you've made a similar point while I was posting. 🙂

Top Bottom