Attachments and permissions

Erel

I guess that we can choose where are attachments stored (file system or database). It that correct?

Can we set permissions to attachments stored in the file system? I tried to search for it and didn't find.

Last question, we will migrate from VB 3.6. In our previous installation the attachments were stored in the database. Can we change it after the import?

Attachments are always stored in the file system.

When you say permissions, are you referring to file permissions? You can set these, though you generally don't need to - the system figures out what's appropriate.

That is correct. For example I would like to only allow users from a specific user group to download attachments (maybe we should use Resource Manager for that?).

There is a single download attachment permission. There arent any per extension permissions.

You have to make sure the attachment directory isn't accessible from the server.

Thank you. I will explain my use case. Maybe someone has any suggestion. Currently we are running vb 3.6. We have a special "licensed" group which is a group of users who bought our product.
One of the sub-forums includes resources which only licensed customers can download. Is this something that can be achieved with the resource manager (we will build the group ourselves)?

You can achieve that by one of three ways:
(a) Limiting viewing of the specific sub-forum
(b) Revoking the view attachment permission
(c) Using the Resource Manager and only granting the licensed users download permissions.

Top Bottom