Attachment Quota

alexm

Hi,

I remember a while back (in XF1.x I think!) there was talk of there possibly being an Attachment Quota system. Did anything happen with that? I’ve got a site based on vB4 and its the attachment quota that’s the sticking point from upgrading to Xenforo.

Thanks,

Alex

Yes, I remember reading that now... it says 1.x for the mod produced and Rudy said ‘Fingers crossed it is being considered for XF 2.0’... so I’d like to bump that up again! :D

The other threads are now tagged "Lack of interest," so I guess they're dead.

With the new ability in XF 2.1 to upload video, attachment quotas I feel are now needed even more. Server admins and site owners are not bottomless money pits who can afford to buy endless storage partly due to idiotic users who feel they need to upload anything and everything. We had to disable attachments on a couple of forums for that reason. For us, attachments are basically useless without a quota system, and we don't use them.

What a shame, really.

I'm going ahead anyway... I'll keep a close eye on usage, keep it trimmed down in terms of file size and the amount per message. If it causes a problem I think I'll disable attachments but keep the XFMG going because it has a quota (currently we have Photopost).

If I don't act now it's going to get progressively harder and harder to migrate! (things like PHP versions etc.)

I'm definitely still interested though. ;)

Top Bottom