Attachment Improvements By Xon

Attachment Improvements By Xon 1.1.3

No permission to download
It should show up by default.

It however requires the following things; the user actually has previous attachments which are images.

It should show up by default.

It however requires the following things; the user actually has previous attachments which are images.
Hmmm. You would think the file upload option would still show up even if the user doesn't have previous attachments, wouldn't you? At least from a user perspective. I want new users to see that file upload option. Is there a way to override that in a template or is it coded in such a way that makes that impossible?

Is there a way to insert existing attachments as "ATTACH" instead of "ATTACH=full"? We want essentially all attachments to display as thumbnails. We're using one of AndyB's add-on's to remove the "fullsize" option in the editor so only the "thumbnail" button is available. But inserting an existing attachment automatically inserts the "=full" parameter into the ATTACH code.

It is currently hard coded to inject the ATTACH=full bits, as it requires different HTML & CSS to be injected from the front-end.

I'm not sure I really understand. Would it be possible to add an option to set the default insertion as full-size or thumbnail? Most of AndyB's add-on's have an option like that. We have a LOT of posts with several photos, and scrolling past a lot of uninteresting or previously viewed full size photos is a PITA. But for tutorials & such, full size photos are needed. We're using several of AndyB's add-ons to prevent ATTACH=full, and/or strip out the =full. But they don't work when previously uploaded photos are inserted by admins/mods who have permission to insert full-size photos. ALL of their re-used photos unintentionally display full size when >90% of the time they want thumbnails. They have to edit their posts in bb-code mode to remove the =full parameter, instead of having to add that parameter if they DO want full-size.

Hi,

I just installed this addon with one of my my XF 1.5.17 sites. I use an apache server. I made the settings for each usergroup and I have specific restrictions in the general options/attachements settings for Pixelsize.

If I upload now an image into a post, it ignores both limitations, in the usergroup permissions of this addon and in those settings in the general attachments options.

What could be the reason for this?

If I upload now an image into a post, it ignores both limitations, in the usergroup permissions of this addon and in those settings in the general attachments options.

What could be the reason for this?
Exactly what methods are you using to 'upload an image' as this add-on adds a new UI method, and integrates with how attachments are permitted to be used.

Additionally, what are the settings you have used for attachments (screenshot please) and have you use the analyse permission function to verify the user has the expected permissions.

Exactly what methods are you using to 'upload an image' as this add-on adds a new UI method, and integrates with how attachments are permitted to be used.

Additionally, what are the settings you have used for attachments (screenshot please) and have you use the analyse permission function to verify the user has the expected permissions.

See screenshots:

1. usergroup settings

usergroup_permission.webp

2. Analyse userrights of that testuser

analyse_user_permissions.webp

3. Gemeral attachment settings in ACP/options

attachments_options1.webp

attachments_options2.webp

4. Uploading process

image_icon_upload1.webp

image_icon_upload2.webp

Reactions: Xon
@Xon I realized that attachments from the XFMG are not displayed correctly. They have no thumbnails but instead an empty square. But I can insert them (which is not really practical because I would have to "guess" a lot) ...

attachments_improvements.webp

Not automatically, I believe you can do that manually via the admin cp via the built-in attachment browser.

Top Bottom