• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Attachment file type thumbnail

Andy.N

Search for "attachment thumbnail" but didn't find anything relevant

Would there be a thumbnail for each file type attached to a post? So if we upload 20 files of pdf, xls, doc, zip, txt, and each attachment has a different thumb for the type of file, it will be much easier to find the type you want to use.

Right now, they all look the same (point to forum/styles/default/xenforo/widgets/page.png) and we have to read the title of the file to figure out.

Mutt

me too, attachment icons seem like a must.

the extension doesn't seem to be stored by itself so it's more than just a template edit. will have to strip it off the filename.

Andy.N

I know Kier has mentioned attachment type icons in the past, specifically .zip files.

I expect it's on the to do list.
Brogan,
Do you know what happened to this todo list item?
I have posts where there are a dozen or so file attachments, some are more important than other and it's almost impossible to glance and see the file type right away.

In this screenshots, I have source code cpp and I have reading materials in pdf files. I want the members to download the PDF files first, read it and then download and run the code.
thumbnail.png

steven s

I just uploaded an xls file to one of my forums and was surprised not to see the excel icon.
Looking forward to seeing this in the future. I hope.

Fuhrmann

I've tried to achieve this and I think it works..

This can be done using a code event listener and writing each of the extension types classes in EXTRA.css template:

1.png

There is no need to edit templates..
Just add the classes of each extension with the background image. I am trying to make it works when someone upload and the file show in the editor.