Fixed Attachment browser UI quirk

Sim

Affected version
1. Go to the Attachment browser in the Admin area

2. Change one of the search criteria to anything other than the default (eg choose a content type, or enter a username, or choose a date) and click Go to perform the search

1532847014399.webp

3. Change the criteria back to the default (ie, content type = "(All content types)", or remove the username or remove the date), then click Go to perform the new search

1532847123688.webp

4. the attachment browser pops out into its own overlay

1532847305340.webp

5. any interaction with the attachment browser modal sees it pop back to normal positioning automatically

Unfortunately, I've just tried this on 3 different installs and I can't reproduce this.

Can you have another go and reiterate the steps taken? My steps are (though I tried other filters too):
  1. Go to the Attachment browser
  2. Change "(All content types)" to "Conversation message"
  3. Click "Go"
  4. When page refreshes, change "Conversation message" to "(All content types)"
  5. Click "Go"
Every time for me it redirects as expected.

Assuming those steps are correct, can you also try with all add-ons disabled?

I am able to duplicate this using Firefox 61.0.2 following your steps, Chris.

Attachments

• popupattachmentsbrowser.webp
    popupattachmentsbrowser.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
It's definitely happening for me on multiple installs using both Chrome and MS Edge.

Might try and set up a clean install on a server you can access so you can try it on the same install where it happens for me too.

I think the issue occurs when the attachment browser shows no results and then you try switching back to All Contents (or another content type).

I tested this on my dev install on my laptop. I had no attachments whatsover so I could reproduce this simply by clicking on the Go button. Then when I added an attachment to a post, the issue disappeared when clicking on Go and I could only reproduce it by following the instructions in the first post. The issue then occurred as there were no attachments in conversations.

I'm running XF 2.0.9 and tested this in Chrome 68.0.3440.106 and Firefox 61.0.2 on a Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6. I only have XFMG and XRPM installed (though I did disable these).

I think the issue occurs when the attachment browser shows no results and then you try switching back to All Contents (or another content type).
Ok, I can reproduce it with that.

@Sim @Infopro are you only reproducing this when you filter to a "No results found" message and switch back? Every single one of my tests worked because I got results back from the filter, I think.

Thanks @Martok you may have figured it out.

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour - I cannot reproduce it when there are results returned, but can reproduce it when there are no results.

Well spotted @Martok

Top Bottom