Design issue Attachement Issue

TickTackk

I don't know how to describe but here are the reproduction steps,
  1. Enter anything inside the quick reply which you find in the private conversation page.
  2. Click on "Upload a File" and choose a file which would take some time to complete the upload and before the upload uploads successfully click on Post Reply.
  3. Now enter something again in the quick reply and hit Post Reply and you will see the previous attachment which was supposed to be attached in the 2nd step is now attached in this conversation now.
or this would happen
  1. Enter anything inside the quick reply which you find in the private conversation page.
  2. Click on "Upload a File" and choose a file which would take some time to complete the upload and before the upload uploads successfully click on Post Reply.
  3. Reply again until the attachment is completed in the background and automatically gets added to the attachments list.
Video showing what I mean in case I'm unclear
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit: You can't reproduce this issue on localhost as the attachment will get uploaded too fast to test this.

Tested on,
Browser: Google Chrome v39.0.2171.95 m

This is working pretty much as it's supposed to. Attachments are processed when the message is saved. If the message is saved before the attachment uploads, the attachment doesn't get associated.

It's not ideal that the attachment upload progress bar disappears but the Ajax loading bars remain which should indicate something is happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom