XF 2.2 [Attach] In profile post, search result

Geiri

I search and get a few results like this.
I can search for the word Attach to get the results or other words
This are all from profile posts

1667929861819.webp

What are you trying to find?
Searching for an attachment using the phrase attach is realistically not going to return anything since the word attach is most likely not part of the content.

@Tracy Perry I may not have been clear :)
This Bracket should not be visible, should it?
That is what is bugging me. My point was that I can call it by searching for ATTACH and it shows only in Profile posts

XENBRACKET-1.webp

Now that I'm not sure about.. I don't know why there would be a prefix of [Attach} in a profile post.... I've got some attachments here on some of my conversations, and it does NOT show up. So I have to wonder... are you using any add-ons that deal with profiles or attachments?

Now that I'm not sure about.. I don't know why there would be a prefix of [Attach} in a profile post.... I've got some attachments here on some of my conversations, and it does NOT show up. So I have to wonder... are you using any add-ons that deal with profiles or attachments?
Not that I am aware of...

1669048456030.webp

It happens here on XF too. Advanced Search, chose Profile Posts, and term attach.

What is happening is XF is not wanting to show the image in the result, so maybe, this is telling you an image exists? I agree it is an ugly way. Visible bbcode.

It happens here on XF too. Advanced Search, chose Profile Posts, and term attach.

What is happening is XF is not wanting to show the image in the result, so maybe, this is telling you an image exists? I agree it is an ugly way. Visible bbcode.
I thought for sure it was a bug :/

You mean like this?

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.32.09 PM.png

I get this.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.32.26 PM.png

Now, granted I have no posts that have a file "attached" using the insert files command and just sitting there as an attachment not in the post, but I do have at least one post with an image attached to it on my site.

Leave out the username and you will see it.
Yep... but I honestly don't see how they can do a lot differently... and I'm pretty sure you are correct in that it is simply a methodology to show that there is something attached to that post. I don't think they can really change it to something [IMAGE] effectively, because you CAN attach actual files to a profile post if the permissions are set appropriately.

Top Bottom