XF 2.0 Attach files isn't attaching

jeb35

I just tried attaching a photo to a post clicking on the attach files button, the progress bar goes across but then the name of the file is striked thru and no image is shown. I've looked at the attachment options and there is no flash uploader or html5 options like there was in Xenforo 1.5. We had issues using the html5 uploader in 1.5. We upgraded to 2.0 last night. Anyone know whats going on and how to fix it? The only way to attach images is to use the insert image option in the formatting toolbar inside the post.

So Hannah was able to attach files in my forum. I've tried multiple browsers and still can't. Also tried using a test account and couldn't. Will look deeper into it tomorrow as I'm tired. Permissions look ok, as everything is yes except for 2 step verification and a couple others. Could our host be causing the issue? It's shared hosting from Namecheap.

It's not permissions if the attach option is available and the progress bar is working.

As others are able to upload attachments, it could be something local.

Try hard clearing the browser cache.

I had this and the reason was not permissions or file size but image maximum dimensions.

There was no clue as the issue sort from strike through but when I checked the height of the image was more than the maximum height.

Just a thought

I've lowered the pixels to 50 wide and 26 tall and still won't attach. Even a new account I created, it won't let me attach. I just don't get it. How was hannah able to attach images. We had issues with the html5 uploader on Xenforo 1.5 so we disabled it and used the flash based uploader. i'm wondering if that has something to do with it? I noticed there are no options for html5 or flash upload for 2.0. I've tried multiple browsers and even cleaning my system cache.

When I try to attach via the attach files button below the reply box I get an HTTP403, but if I use the insert image button, then upload via that control it works. Chrome's netowrk logger shows the url being called is the same, I am not sure why it would give a 403 consistently if the same url is OK via another control.

When I try to attach via the attach files button below the reply box I get an HTTP403, but if I use the insert image button, then upload via that control it works. Chrome's netowrk logger shows the url being called is the same, I am not sure why it would give a 403 consistently if the same url is OK via another control.
Put in a support ticket with admin login details and I’ll see if I can get it sorted out for you.

I just entered the support ticket. Cromewell is an admin of the forum as well.

Top Bottom