Resource icon

AssociationMc - XenForo to Minecraft account association Version 1.0.2

No permission to download

lol768

lol768 submitted a new resource:

AssociationMc - Provide Minecraft account association in XenForo.

Features
  • Displays Minecraft avatar and name on user's profile.
  • Displays Minecraft avatar and name on user's posts.
  • Customisable colours (see http://i.imgur.com/F1y2w2I.png for a dark example).
    • Default colours match XenForo's default theme.
    • You can customize the widget to ensure it fits in with your site.
  • Association takes less than 30 seconds if the user already has an MCAssoc account.
    • Users without an existing...

Read more about this resource...

lol768 updated AssociationMc with a new update entry:

Allow custom avatar URLs, fix association link not being shown, add user criteria support

• Add user criteria support for awarding trophies/promotions when users associate their account.
  • Stop using Minotar by default (minotar/imgd#89) and switch to crafatar.com. Make avatar URL customisable.
  • Fix an issue with some styles not including the necessary markup for the association link to be injected.
  • Make it possible to change which side the visitor dropdown link appears on by simply editing templates.
  • Improve...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Regarding Minecraft name changes (available starting today):
  • All current and past association information uses UUIDs - association information won't be lost if someone changes username.
  • Display usernames are cached indefinitely at association time.
  • Users can update their own usernames by removing their association and re-adding it.
  • Site owners can batch update all associated users by downloading and running a simple script into the AssociationMc directory in XF_ROOT/library.
    • This may take a few minutes for larger sites in order to comply with Mojang's rate limiting. If this approach is not feasible for your site (large numbers of users), send me a PM.
Thanks to @drtshock and @FlamingPaw for their help testing this.

Can't quite seem to get this working. I feel like I'm right there, just missing something obvious/simple. Here's what I've done:

1) Installed the addon.
2) Signed up my domain to mcassoc.lukegb.com
3) Verified via HTML file
4) Received the shared key
5) Generated random instance key using the javascript code at jsbin.com/jadofehoqu/1/
6) Placed both the instance and shared keys into my Xenforo options.
7) Guessed what to put in the Site ID field (tried my company name, my forum's name from xenforo options, my domain that i signed up with for shared key, etc)
8) Test by associating my mc account, but get failure "There was an error while associating your account. Additional details: signature invalid" with my site id, instance key, and shared key all publicly pasted in the error for any user that tries (and fails) to see.

What did I miss? I bet its that Site ID field, which your instructions do not clearly specify what goes in there. It only says I will get a "required parameters missing" error if I fail to set it (which I tested to see).

Can't quite seem to get this working. I feel like I'm right there, just missing something obvious/simple. Here's what I've done:

1) Installed the addon. Correct.
2) Signed up my domain to mcassoc.lukegb.com Correct.
3) Verified via HTML file Correct.
4) Received the shared key Correct.
5) Generated random instance key using the javascript code at jsbin.com/jadofehoqu/1/ Correct.
6) Placed both the instance and shared keys into my Xenforo options. Correct.
7) Guessed what to put in the Site ID field (tried my company name, my forum's name from xenforo options, my domain that i signed up with for shared key, etc)

8) Test by associating my mc account, but get failure "There was an error while associating your account. Additional details: signature invalid" with my site id, instance key, and shared key all publicly pasted in the error for any user that tries (and fails) to see.

What did I miss? I bet its that Site ID field, which your instructions do not clearly specify what goes in there. It only says I will get a "required parameters missing" error if I fail to set it (which I tested to see).
Yeah, I think that's the problem. The site ID field should match verbatim what you typed into the web interface for your domain when you asked for the shared key. It's odd that you state you tried this without luck.

https://github.com/lukegb/mcassoc/blob/master/mcassoc_serve.go#L308-334

Can you give it one more shot and let me know if it still doesn't work? Please ensure that the domain matches the domain you're hosting the forums from and that the site ID exactly matches the domain you supplied when generating the shared key.

I take it you use the same nick on Esper? Feel free to PM me regarding this over IRC if you find it more convenient.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that's the problem. The site ID field should match verbatim what you typed into the web interface for your domain when you asked for the shared key. It's odd that you state you tried this without luck.

https://github.com/lukegb/mcassoc/blob/master/mcassoc_serve.go#L308-334

Can you give it one more shot and let me know if it still doesn't work? Please ensure that the domain matches the domain you're hosting the forums from and that the site ID exactly matches the domain you supplied when generating the shared key.

I take it you use the same nick on Esper? Feel free to PM me regarding this over IRC if you find it more convenient.

Hizah! It worked that time. Very odd, because I know I tried that. My browser (Chrome) had even saved field entry in its form history. :S

Hizah! It worked that time. Very odd, because I know I tried that. My browser (Chrome) had even saved field entry in its form history. :S
Awesome! Yeah, strange it didn't work when you first tried it. I'll try and ensure the site ID field is better documented.

Let me know if you have any other questions relating to the addon :)

hello there! my site runs in a test subdomain (like test.domain.com) on my domain where i have planned to move all when everything will be ready.
will associationmc break up if i do so? what will happen to existing associated profiles?

it worked in my subdomain setting it like if it was in the main domain. now the question is if it will break when i'll move the site to my domain directory

Last edited:
hello there! my site runs in a test subdomain (like test.domain.com) on my domain where i have planned to move all when everything will be ready.
will associationmc break up if i do so? what will happen to existing associated profiles?

it worked in my subdomain setting it like if it was in the main domain. now the question is if it will break when i'll move the site to my domain directory
Hi there! :)

You'll need to get a new shared secret once you change domain to ensure the verification system continues to work. Don't worry though, this won't impact any existing associations.

I'd recommend you grab the shared secret for the domain you're planning to move to now (in advance) and write it down somewhere. It will work forever once you've verified the domain and received the secret and so if you have it in advance it'll be easy when you are ready to do the transfer.

The only thing I think that would happen if you forgot to use the new shared secret is that new verifications would fail. When it comes to doing the move, I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Switch over to the new shared secret (the one you got for domain.com)
  2. Change the site id to match the new domain (domain.com)
  3. Ensure insecure mode is disabled
  4. Disassociate and reassociate your account to make sure the verification is still working
Hope this helps.

This is extremely confusing and time consuming. Is there anyone that is willing to set this up for a little $Cash$?
Have you considered reading the documentation? If you have, what don't you understand?

I'm willing to help explain anything that doesn't make sense but you'll need to put some effort in to try and read the documentation and explain what doesn't make sense.

Hi, I've seen this plugin working on your website, so I know it works great. When I installed it on my 1.4.8 site, I get the following error:

There was an error while associating your account.
Additional details: timestamp stale

I am using Cloudflare with SSL (Strict) set on and caching turned off for now. Any help?

Hi, I've seen this plugin working on your website, so I know it works great. When I installed it on my 1.4.8 site, I get the following error:

There was an error while associating your account.
Additional details: timestamp stale

I am using Cloudflare with SSL (Strict) set on and caching turned off for now. Any help?
Sorry for the delayed response.

Please check your server's clock is correct. Simple way to do this is to make a script file somewhere which contains:

Code:
<?php
echo (new DateTime())->format('c');

Use something like Time.is - exact time, any time zone to figure out if your clock is wrong. If it is, contact your server host/use "sudo ntpdate -u pool.ntp.org" to fix it yourself.

Hey,
For some reason group promotions aren't working on my forums running XenForo 1.4.6
I tick the "Minecraft association:" box, and save it. But when I open the group promotion back up again the box is unticked.
I can't seem to find any errors.

Hey,
For some reason group promotions aren't working on my forums running XenForo 1.4.6
I tick the "Minecraft association:" box, and save it. But when I open the group promotion back up again the box is unticked.
I can't seem to find any errors.
Reproduced, I'll have a look into this for you later.

Edit: Fixed. This is actually only a minor thing - even if it doesn't look checked it technically is (so the promotion will still work unless you edit the promotion).

I'll prepare a new release tomorrow. You can patch this yourself using Fix promotion bug · lol768/XenForo-MCASSOC@f441070 · GitHub if you really want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom