Resource icon

AssociationMc - XenForo to Minecraft account association Version 1.0.2

No permission to download
Hey,

working since 2 month without problems but today my first user came and say when he type his name "GameWave" into the panel its comes:
Sorry about this...

An error we couldn't recover from occurred. You might want to try again later.

I can reproduce this error on another Account in my Forum all other accounts works without Problems since months... but this user cant add his account why?

Hey,

working since 2 month without problems but today my first user came and say when he type his name "GameWave" into the panel its comes:
Sorry about this...
An error we couldn't recover from occurred. You might want to try again later.

I can reproduce this error on another Account in my Forum all other accounts works without Problems since months... but this user cant add his account why?
Please kindly check the server error log and provide full details of any exceptions/errors present.

Your verification is failing to recognise my site, any idea?
I'll need to know the domain name and the verification method you tried.

Please kindly check the server error log and provide full details of any exceptions/errors present.

I'll need to know the domain name and the verification method you tried.
I tried to verify my site via your domain. Put my domain in there "thearchon.net" even tried www. http:// http://www. and still told me to enter a valid domain.

I tried to verify my site via your domain. Put my domain in there "thearchon.net" even tried www. http:// http://www. and still told me to enter a valid domain.

In the context of the tool, thearchon.net is not a valid domain. The verification tool wants an A record present (since it'll want to do a HTTP request to do the verification). If you don't have a webserver, just make an A record that points at 127.0.0.1 and then it'll let you verify by TXT record. I think it'll also work with an AAAA record if your registrar/DNS provider will let you set one up.

I've updated the page in question to mention this in the error message, though @lukegb will likely need to deploy the change.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am just curious.
Why storing the Minecraft UUID as a binary and not as a (var)char?
We had a similiar xenforo addon and I tried to import the old data (xenforo id + uuid as a char) but I was confused when I saw this.

I got a issue i can't update automatic the uuid because i dont have access to console for execute the php script... :c there is another way?

Hi,
I am just curious.
Why storing the Minecraft UUID as a binary and not as a (var)char?
We had a similiar xenforo addon and I tried to import the old data (xenforo id + uuid as a char) but I was confused when I saw this.

The UUID is just a big number of constant length. Storing it as a string will require 32 bytes because each character could conceivably be something outside [a-z0-9] but it's actually only a 16 byte number.

I got a issue i can't update automatic the uuid because i dont have access to console for execute the php script... :c there is another way?
Comment out the check below and visit the page in a web browser:

PHP:
if (php_sapi_name() !== "cli") {
    die("Oops. Please run this script at the command line");
}

Hope that your host doesn't limit the script's execution time.

The UUID is just a big number of constant length. Storing it as a string will require 32 bytes because each character could conceivably be something outside [a-z0-9] but it's actually only a 16 byte number.

Comment out the check below and visit the page in a web browser:

PHP:
if (php_sapi_name() !== "cli") {
    die("Oops. Please run this script at the command line");
}

Hope that your host doesn't limit the script's execution time.
http://trollandia.it/library/uuid.php

I just allowed my ip for access to that, and working! there is a way for schedule this each month?

Last edited:
recently after host change to OVH the cronjob is failing at almost end of script... http://hastebin.com/xebiqahaso.vbs
any clues?
Can you check what the MySQL wait_timeout option is set to? I suspect the connection is open for a while during the script's execution to avoid reconnecting for every user. It's possible MySQL is configured to drop long/inactive connections.

It's unfortunate those timestamps aren't right, that information would be useful to see.

Do you think you'd be able to somehow make it possible to verify mulitple accounts?
In case a user has multiple accounts they can check "Set as primary". XenForo would display the avatar of that one.

Can you check what the MySQL wait_timeout option is set to? I suspect the connection is open for a while during the script's execution to avoid reconnecting for every user. It's possible MySQL is configured to drop long/inactive connections.

It's unfortunate those timestamps aren't right, that information would be useful to see.
wait timeout is setted to "wait_timeout 60"

Do you think you'd be able to somehow make it possible to verify mulitple accounts?
In case a user has multiple accounts they can check "Set as primary". XenForo would display the avatar of that one.

So this functionality is definitely possible, and it's something I've done as part of a paid modification for @bebosny already. I'm not going to release those changes as part of the public add-on per the terms of that particular job but I've given BeBosny permission to resell/redistribute those changes - so if he's open to doing that you could potentially shoot him a PM about it.

wait timeout is setted to "wait_timeout 60"
Can you try bumping this up to something like 5 minutes? Failing that I can try and modify the script to auto-reconnect when MySQL times out the connection, but changing this value would be the preferred solution.

So this functionality is definitely possible, and it's something I've done as part of a paid modification for @bebosny already. I'm not going to release those changes as part of the public add-on per the terms of that particular job but I've given BeBosny permission to resell/redistribute those changes - so if he's open to doing that you could potentially shoot him a PM about it.

Can you try bumping this up to something like 5 minutes? Failing that I can try and modify the script to auto-reconnect when MySQL times out the connection, but changing this value would be the preferred solution.
i work only for 1 day by setting that (wait_timeout 60) as sql query, after that mysql will become standard again, i am using OVH database... i tried to contact them and they say that they cant change the value permanent... is pretty stupid....

Top Bottom