Not a bug "assigned_to" Should Be Title Case

This is consistent with prepositions not necessarily being capitalized. (You could argue that it's the last word, though the value of the label is significantly attached.)

Hey, Mike!

I know these things can be easily changed in the phrases to fit people's personal desires, which I have done, but I was thinking: isn't this an inconsistency? "From" is also a preposition, but it's capitalized here, so shouldn't the "to" in "assigned_to" be capitalized for consistency?

From.webp

Or does this go back to the whole "it's not internally inconsistent" thing you've brought up before?

Thanks. :)

Hey, Mike!

I know these things can be easily changed in the phrases to fit people's personal desires, which I have done, but I was thinking: isn't this an inconsistency? "From" is also a preposition, but it's capitalized here, so shouldn't the "to" in "assigned_to" be capitalized for consistency?

View attachment 82699

Or does this go back to the whole "it's not internally inconsistent" thing you've brought up before?

Thanks. :)
With title case, when it comes to prepositions one convention is to capitalise those with four or more letters.

Capitalize the principal words, including prepositions and conjunctions of four or more letters.

http://grammar.about.com/od/grammarfaq/f/capitalstitle.htm

There are various conventions as you will see from that page. The important thing is to pick one and try to be consistent.

There are various conventions as you will see from that page. The important thing is to pick one and try to be consistent.

Right. That's a very good point. :)

I go by the Chicago Manual of Style, which says to capitalize everything in a title, except prepositions regardless of length unless they're at the beginning or end (e.g., "A Trip about Going to the Store from My House with a Bucket" is a good book), which means the "to" here would be capitalized since it's at the end, but it looks like XenForo is going by a different style. :)

Top Bottom